2 Assisted Living Facilities in Iberia Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Iberia Parish is $2,515 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Iberia Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Iberia Parish 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Iberia Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in New Iberia
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Iberia Parish
Iberia Parish in southwest Louisiana combines historic antebellum settings, beautiful natural bayous and a richly rooted Cajun culture, making it ideal for active seniors who love history, food and zydeco music. About 14.4 percent of the approximately 72,000 residents of Iberia Parish are age 65 or older, and the area has two assisted living facilities to accommodate this population.
Throughout Louisiana, including in Iberia Parish, assisted living facilities are known as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) and are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health. The state classifies ARCPs into four categories based on the number of residents, type of accommodations and level of care available.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Iberia Parish
- Louisiana tax laws are favorable for seniors, so Iberia Parish residents living in an ARCP can take advantage of tax exemptions for public pensions and social security as well as exemptions for some income from private pensions and private retirement plans.
- Mild winters and abundant sunshine throughout the year make Iberia Parish suitable for seniors who enjoy wildlife viewing and outdoor activities year-round. The summers can get hot and humid, so ARCPs in the region should have a plan to protect residents from excess heat.
- Iberia Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Iberia Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Iberia Parish is about 11.2 percent lower than the national average, so seniors on a budget may be able to save money by choosing to live there. Transportation costs are higher than average throughout the U.S., so this might be a concern for families with a loved one in assisted living in Iberia Parish.
- Because Iberia Parish is located at the heart of Cajun Country, seniors living in the area have access to plenty of cultural activities and events. Food and music festivals provide day trip options for active seniors in local assisted living communities.
- Iberia Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Iberia Council on Aging, an organization that provides nutrition and wellness sessions, help accessing services, senior transportation options and recreational opportunities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Iberia Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Iberia Parish start around $2,515 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Iberia Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Iberia Parish
Seniors eligible for Medicaid in Iberia Parish may qualify for financial aid to cover expenses related to assisted living through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Iberia Parish
Iberia Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Iberia Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Iberia Parish
Iberia Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Iberia Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Iberia Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Iberia Parish
Review of Azalea Estates of New Iberia
It will be 3 years in April that Dad moved to Azalea Estates. The transition was a little hard, but the entire staff welcomed him and made sure he got out of his room and participated in just about... Read more
Review of Garden View Assisted Living
I'm a 72 year old Vet. of Viet Nam war Era.After 5 back operations,I was having trouble living at home alone,I needed help.I stayed in Garden View for about 9 months.The reason I left was Financial... Read more
Review of Azalea Estates of New Iberia
Caring staff, excellent accommodations, great food, activities for all residents, religious settings. They went above expectations when my Mom lived there. Continue to visit them. May live there so... Read more