9 Assisted Living Facilities in Lafayette Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Lafayette Parish is $3,570 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lafayette Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lafayette Parish 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Lafayette Parish find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lafayette Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Lafayette
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lafayette Parish
Located in the southwestern part of Louisiana, Lafayette Parish is considered the heart of Cajun country, which makes it ideal for active seniors who love zydeco music, outdoor festivals and a rich, French-inspired culture. The parish is home to over 242,000 people, and about 12.6 percent of that population is over the age of 65.
In Lafayette Parish, assisted living communities are known as Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs) and are regulated by the Louisiana Department of Health. ARCPs are grouped into four categories, which are determined by the number of residents, type of care and kinds of accommodations provided. There are nine assisted living facilities in Lafayette Parish to cater to seniors in the region.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lafayette Parish
- Lafayette Parish has a humid subtropical climate, which produces hot, damp summer weather and mild winters. ARCPs in the region should have a plan to keep residents protected from extreme heat.
- The American Lung Association gives Lafayette Parish an A grade for both 24-hour particle pollution and ozone, making it a good choice for seniors concerned about air quality.
- Lafayette Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lafayette General Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Living in Lafayette Parish is comparable cost-wise to living in an average U.S. city, with a cost of living about 1.6 percent lower than the national average. Healthcare costs, which are a concern for many seniors, are about 3 percent lower than the national average.
- Lafayette Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lafayette Council on Aging, an organization that provides nutrition assistance, wellness activities, transportation assistance and information on local programs, as well as six senior centers throughout the region.
- Crime rates in Lafayette Parish are higher than the national average. The rate for violent crime is 51.9 on a 100-point scale, compared to a rate of 31.1 for the average across the U.S. Non-violent crime occurs at a rate of 48.9, compared to 38.1 for the U.S. average. Families thinking about assisted living in Lafayette Parish should ask about how particular facilities under consideration protect residents from crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lafayette Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Lafayette Parish start around $3,570 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lafayette Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lafayette Parish
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid in Louisiana may be eligible for financial assistance for costs associated with assisted living through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Services program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lafayette Parish
Lafayette Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lafayette Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lafayette Parish
Lafayette Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lafayette Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Lafayette Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lafayette Parish
Review of Brookdale Lafayette
Brookdale is a lovely place! Full of sunshine with a true sense of community. Every time I stop by to see my mother, there is lots of activity and smiling faces on the staff. I NEVER leave here ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lafayette
Brookdale Lafayette staff is extremely caring and personable. The engagement of their residents is a prime concern for the administration. The meal service is over and above any I have seen in an... Read more
Review of Brookdale Lafayette
My mother moved into Brookdale Lafayette. Its clean and more like a hotel than an assisted living. The dining room is stunning, like a first-class restaurant, and everybody is very nice. They have... Read more