2 Assisted Living Facilities in Avoyelles Parish, LA
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avoyelles Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avoyelles Parish 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avoyelles Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avoyelles Parish
Avoyelles Parish is a French-influenced rural region in central Louisiana that appeals to active seniors who love Louisiana cuisine, a vibrant local culture and plenty of opportunities for wildlife viewing. About 16.4 percent of the parish's almost 41,000 residents is age 65 or older, and there are two assisted living communities in the area to accommodate this population.
As throughout all of Louisiana, assisted living facilities in Avoyelles Parish are called Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs). These facilities are categorized by the number of residents and care provided into four levels, all of which are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avoyelles Parish
- Louisiana has some specific tax laws seniors in Avoyelles Parish can use. Social security isn't taxed in the state, and part or all of some other types of retirement income, including pensions, IRA income and 401K income, are exempt from state income tax as well.
- The cost of living in Avoyelles Parish is 15.5 percent lower than the U.S. average. Healthcare and transportation, which often make up a significant portion of seniors' expenses, are slightly higher than the national average, so seniors in the area may need to consider this when planning a budget.
- Avoyelles Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Avoyelles Council on Aging, an organization that provides legal aid, nutritional education, recreational activities and transportation services for seniors as well as operating a senior center in the town of Marksville.
- Avoyelles Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Avoyelles Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Avoyelles parish experiences about 218 days of sunshine on average, and mild winters let active senior residents enjoy the outdoors year-round. Summers can get hot and humid, so assisted living facilities should have a plan for preventing heat-related conditions that affect senior residents.
- Crime rates in Avoyelles Parish rank higher than the national average, with rankings on a 100-point scale of 59.3 and 52.4 for violent and property crimes respectively, compared to averages in the 30s for the U.S. as a whole. Families considering assisted living in the parish should ask about any security measures at the facility, such as cameras and alarms.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avoyelles Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Avoyelles Parish start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avoyelles Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avoyelles Parish
Seniors living in an assisted living community in Avoyelles may be eligible for financial assistance through the Louisiana Medicaid Long-Term Care Services program if they meet specific income requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avoyelles Parish
Avoyelles Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avoyelles Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avoyelles Parish
Avoyelles Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Avoyelles Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avoyelles Parish
Review of Oakmont Estate, LLC
Without a doubt, the best place in the world I could have placed my mother to live. The facility is beautiful, the staff goes above and beyond in caring for my mother. The activities include outi... Read more
Review of Oakmont Estate, LLC
very nice place, good home cooked meals. Workers are friendly, well maintained . Grounds are kepted up professionally. Read more