The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Waverly, IA for 2023
Also serving communities of Shell Rock, Dumont.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waverly area, with 2 in Waverly and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Waverly. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waverly 1.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cedar Falls with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waverly, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Waverly, IA
Willow Winds Assisted Living
Meadows of Shell Rock
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waverly
Located along the Cedar River in Iowa, the city of Waverly takes pride in its revitalized downtown area, which is a designated Main Street Iowa District. Seniors looking for assistance with daily activities while enjoying life in one of Iowa’s historic destinations can choose from two assisted living facilities within Waverly and another one nearby. These communities are officially called Assisted Living Programs and are licensed by the Health Facilities Division of the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waverly
- The Waverly area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Waverly Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Iowa, Social Security income is exempt from income tax, providing financial relief for Waverly seniors. Reasonable savings are also realized from retirement account withdrawals and private and public pension income, which are only partially taxed.
- Waverly has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Waverly Senior Center, a facility that serves as a community focal point for residents 55 and above. It offers a wide variety of activities and programs that promote the well-being of seniors.
- On a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime), Waverly’s property crime rate at 23 is well below the U.S. average of 38.1 and Iowa’s 28.7. However, this is negated by a higher violent crime rate of 44.4, far above the national average of 31.1 and the state’s 25.2.
- Waverly enjoys generally comfortable summer months with the average high temperature of 83 degrees rising just slightly above the comfort range of 70 to 80 degrees. The winter months may provide some level of discomfort to fragile seniors with little tolerance for chilly weather as the average low temperature is a freezing 7 degrees.
- Compared to the national average of 100 and Iowa’s 118, healthcare cost in Waverly is relatively more expensive at 122, taking up a large percentage of seniors’ budgets. This is compensated by lower grocery (90), housing (87) and transportation (69) costs, bringing down the city’s overall cost of living to 92.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waverly
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Waverly start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waverly and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waverly
Iowa implements the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Elderly Waiver under the Department of Human Services. Eligible Waverly members are granted individualized comprehensive plans consisting of services identified by an interdisciplinary team and delivered in community-based settings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waverly
Waverly and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waverly, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waverly
Waverly-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waverly, IA
Other Options in Waverly, IA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waverly
Review of Willow Winds Assisted Living
I toured Willow Winds Assisted Living for myself. I was shown the bedroom, the large open dining area, a small library, and then a small room for sitting. I really didn't see much of the facility, ... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living