3 Assisted Living Facilities in Pana, IL
Also serving communities of Shelbyville, Taylorville, Hillsboro, Vandalia.
The average cost of assisted living in Pana is $4,125 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pana. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pana 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sullivan with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pana, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Pana, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pana
Nicknamed "The City of Roses" due to the large number of greenhouses and florists, the city of Pana, Illinois, offers an old-fashioned, small-town atmosphere in a charming rural setting. Nearly 6,000 people call Pana home, and about 20% of them are seniors. There are three assisted living facilities to choose from in the area.
Like all assisted living facilities in Illinois, these communities are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health. They are required to meet certain standards, such as creating a personalized service plan for each resident and providing appropriate security to ensure resident safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pana
- The cost of living in Pana at 74.5 is significantly lower than the U.S. average of 100. Much of that is due to low housing prices, so it may not always apply to assisted living facilities due to the overall cost of assisted living care. However, groceries are slightly lower than average at 99.5, and transportation costs are significantly lower at 75.5.
- The weather in Pana tends to be warm and humid, with an average of 110 rainy days per year, which is higher than the national average of 102. Summer highs can often soar into the upper 80s, which may make it difficult for seniors to enjoy the outdoors. Winters are moderate, with only about 16 inches of snow on average.
- The Pana area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pana Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pana is a very safe community, with an overall crime rate that's 35% lower than the U.S. average. Violent crime is about 48% lower than the national
average, which may help seniors feel more comfortable in the community.
- Public transportation is very limited in Pana, which may be difficult for seniors who no longer drive. There is door-to-door shuttle service available through Central Illinois Public Transportation, but it needs to be scheduled in advance. Seniors are asked to pay a suggested donation to use the service.
- Pana offers plenty of things to do for active seniors. Anderson Prairie Park and the paved Lincoln Prairie Trail are both accessible for seniors with mobility issues, and two golf courses are located nearby. Movie buffs can also take in the latest releases at the historic Roseland Theater.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pana
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Pana start around $4,125 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pana and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pana
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid may be able to use the Illinois Supportive Living Program waiver, which pays for some assisted living services. The Community Care Program can also help qualifying seniors pay for assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pana
Pana and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pana, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pana
Pana-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pana
Review of Life's Journey Senior Living - Pana
Life’s Journey is small -- they only take fifteen people -- but it seemed like a nice and clean place. The rooms have a large bedroom with a bath. They have a dining facility, TV, movies, and games. Read more
Review of Hickory Estates
I have been to Hickory Estates several times. From what I have seen, everything is good. It is a quality place. You get your breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, they take care of your laundry an... Read more