2 Assisted Living Facilities in Weiser, ID
Also serving communities of Payette.
The average cost of assisted living in Weiser is $2,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Weiser. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Weiser 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ontario with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Weiser, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Weiser
With a senior population of close to 1,000, Weiser is listed as one of the best places to retire in Idaho. It's a small town located in the mid-west portion of the state, which is ideal for seniors looking for a slower pace and fewer crowds.
For retirees looking for help with daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in the area, and they are regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. Sometimes referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs), these homes provide a choice for seniors who need health with personal care and daily activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Weiser
- The city of Weiser is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Weiser Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Weiser has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Elderly Opportunity Agency, an organization that provides services for individuals 60 and older and those with disabilities at any age. The Weiser Senior Center provides fun events and important resources for seniors.
- With a cost of living index that is lower than the national average, Weiser is an affordable city for both seniors and residents. The cost of living in the city is 90.3, which is lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 100.2.
- Statistics show Weiser is safer than 27 percent of all U.S. cities with an average of two crimes per 1,000 residents. This makes the town a safe place for Seniors to retire.
- For seniors who like snowy winters, Weiser receives around 15 inches of snow per year. Summers are typically hot with average July highs around 92, while winter average lows are around 21 in January.
- Seniors who need assistance with transportation in Weiser can use Treasure Valley Transit, a nonprofit agency offering medical and community transport at discounted rates. All buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts, and they offer door-to-door services for seniors with disabilities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Weiser
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Weiser start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Weiser and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Weiser
In Weiser and the state of Idaho, the Medicaid 1915(c) and the 1915 (b) waivers provide assistance to seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility. Also referred to as the Supported Living Program and the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports waivers, these programs pay for assisted living services like grooming, medication administration assistance and meals. The Medicaid waivers do not provide help with room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Weiser
Weiser and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Weiser, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Weiser
Weiser-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Weiser
Review of The Cottages of Weiser
I've live. here for six years for six years. The staff are friendly, helpful., and honest in both buildings. I love it here and would not have stayed if I didn't. Read more
Review of The Cottages of Weiser
We were happy with the care provided to my mother in law until she passed away in the home Aug 2014. HOWEVER between the Thurs prior to death and the time she arrived at the funeral home her rings ... Read more