2 Assisted Living Facilities in Rigby, ID
The average cost of assisted living in Rigby is $2,895 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Rexburg with an average starting cost of $1,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Rigby. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rigby 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rigby, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rigby
Rigby, a friendly farming town in Eastern Idaho, is the seat of Jefferson County. This city is known as "The Birthplace of Television," and is the boyhood home of TV inventor Philo T. Farnsworth, with signs at the city limits highlighting that fact. Of the city's 3,945 residents, 10.3% are seniors aged 65 and over. Those seniors residing in Rigby who need help with eating, grooming and housekeeping have two assisted living communities in the small city to choose from.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare has governance over assisted living communities, also called residential care facilities (RCFs), in Rigby and every other part of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rigby
- Social Security benefits are not taxed in Idaho, which is good news for seniors in Rigby. Those with qualifying public pensions receive a generous retirement-benefits deduction, and there is no estate or inheritance tax in the state.
- The overall cost of living is slightly more expensive than the national average, but that’s attributable to the higher housing costs. Seniors pay less for groceries, healthcare, utilities and transportation here, which is helpful for those on limited incomes.
- The Rigby area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Madison Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rigby’s annual average snowfall of 40 inches could be challenging for seniors who like to enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle year-round. Winter lows can reach 13 degrees or below in January, and summer’s high is a relatively moderate 85 degrees. Rigby earns a Sperling’s Comfort Index score of 65 out of 100, which is higher than the U.S. average of 54.
- Senior residents and their loved ones can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that both property and violent crime are lower in Rigby when compared to the national averages. Rigby rates an 11.4 out of 100, with 100 being high violent crime. The U.S. average is 22.7. Property crime in Rigby scores 26.2, also lower than the U.S. average of 35.4.
- The Rigby area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rigby Senior Community Center and the Area Agency on Aging of Eastern Idaho. Benefits include transportation, nutrition, in-home services, and health and wellness programs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rigby
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Rigby start around $2,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rigby and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rigby
To help seniors in Rigby with the costs of assisted living, Idaho offers three programs: The Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver, the Personal Care Services (PCS) Medicaid program, and the Aid for Aged, Blind and Disabled program, which provides cash assistance to those eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rigby
Rigby and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rigby, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rigby
Rigby-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rigby
Review of Sage Grove Assisted Living Center
My mother was at Sage Grove Assisted Living. The staff was really good to my mom and kept everything very clean and nice. It was a nice place for her to be. They took very good care of her. She had... Read more