2 Assisted Living Facilities in Claxton, GA
Also serving communities of Glennville.
The average cost of assisted living in Claxton is $1,972 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Claxton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Claxton 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Statesboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Claxton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Claxton
Claxton is a small town about an hour west of Savannah, nicknamed the fruit cake capital of the world. It is quiet and friendly with easy access to the Atlantic Ocean. Seniors who want to retire in Claxton and need help with grooming, meals and other daily tasks will find five assisted living communities in the area.
Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, these facilities provide homes for 25 or more. Personal care homes are smaller facilities that provide housing and care for at least two.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Claxton
- During tax time, seniors may find they have more money left over due to the lack of tax on Social Security Income (SSI) benefit. Claxton and the state also provide a $65,000 per person tax deduction for all other types of retirement income. There is also no estate or inheritance tax.
- The city of Claxton is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Evans Memorial hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Evans County Senior Center provides transportation for seniors in Claxton to and from the facility and for various appointments for free. The center also offers energy assistance, delivered meals, and emergency assistance.
- Most assisted living facilities in Claxton have security measures in place to keep senior residents safe, which is important due to the high rate of crime in the city. In Claxton, seniors, residents and other people have a one in 24 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.
- The cost of living index in Claxton is 77.5, which is based on the national and state average of 100. Seniors who live in the city may find Claxton very affordable.
- Summers in Claxton are hot and humid with July highs around 93. The heat may prove to be too much for seniors with respiratory or medical issues. Winters are mild with lows rarely dropping below 36 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Claxton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Claxton start around $1,972 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Claxton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Claxton
The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) program are two Georgia state Medicaid waiver programs that provide assistance to low-income seniors paying for an assisted living facility in Claxton. While these programs do not pay for room and board, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Claxton
Claxton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Claxton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Claxton
Claxton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Claxton
Review of Griffin House
Griffin house is a small and quiet facility in a small and quiet town. I liked it because southern hospitality permeates the walls of this place. The residents (all of whom are women) treat the sta... Read more
Review of Griffin House
They weren't the best but they weren't the worst. They took very good care of my great-aunt but they were impersonal and occasionally rude. It was a long drive from where I live but there was not a... Read more