2 Assisted Living Facilities in Vidalia, GA
Also serving communities of Soperton, Mc Rae.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Vidalia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vidalia 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vidalia, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vidalia
The city of Vidalia, Ga., is best known for the sweet onion but is also home to the mighty Altamaha River, where seniors can fish or relax on the riverbank. There are also four assisted living facilities located in and around Vidalia for seniors who require some help with daily tasks. These facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents and are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health under its Healthcare Facility Regulation division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vidalia
- Vidalia, Georgia is well known for the onions that bear its name and the city celebrates its onion harvest each spring at the annual five-day Onion Festival. In addition, Vidalia offers a number of cultural events, sites and museums. Chief among these are the Altama Gallery and Museum and the Vidalia Onion Museum. The majority of Vidalia events and attractions offer senior discounts to those age 65 and older.
The State of Georgia Division of Aging Services provides a number of services for residents age 60 and older, including meals, counseling and physical fitness programs. There is also a senior center in Vidalia.
- Although there is no public bus service in Vidalia, Toombs County provides point-to-point transportation for seniors who are disabled or are experiencing a financial hardship.
- Vidalia is home to world-class medical facilities, including Meadows Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vidalia is located in the east-central part of the state, midway between Macon and Savannah. The city is known for its hot, humid summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 51 degrees Fahrenheit and 81 degrees in July.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Vidalia, as it is in many other parts of Georgia. The crime rate in Vidalia is 116 percent higher than the national average, and the city is safer than just 12 percent of other American cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vidalia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Vidalia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vidalia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vidalia
Eligible senior Vidalia, Georgia residents can choose from two state programs that provide financial assistance to help pay for an assisted living facility. These are Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Services Program (CCSP). The former offers an intermediate level of nursing care in an assisted living facility, whereas the latter requires residents to need a little extra help but not necessarily nursing care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vidalia
Vidalia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vidalia, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vidalia
Vidalia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vidalia
Review of The Oaks- Bethany (Assisted Living)
My parents used to live at Bethany Assisted Living. It was clean and a newer facility. It was very spacious. The people there were really nice and kind. The staff was very caring. They went out the... Read more