Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

March 18, 2019

By Katherine

I was impressed with the way Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish had socialization opportunities for the residents. My sister has extreme anxiety and for her to even go to another building would be problematic, but what they have is a pod and there's a dining facility and a great room. In a circle around those are the private rooms. All she would have to do is walk out of her bedroom and she'd be right there among the community. The caregivers have been there for decades and the idea that she would have a continuity of care would be very reassuring for her. The private room was good sized. Everyone was very personable. It was very clean and bright, and the person in-charge was very nice.

Hi Katherine, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 17, 2018

By Mark JCson

Great events; give the residents a great opportunity for interaction.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

August 11, 2018

By SR

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish was very clean and organized, and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful about the whole process. They had a whole calendar of events. There are things that happen pretty much every day like crafts for men and women, and things that they can do individually or as a group. They have common areas. The rooms were not spacious enough if I was to move both of my parents. If it was just my mother, it would probably be fine. The lady was friendly and totally somebody I would trust my parents with. She was very caring.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families & appreciate you sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon!

February 07, 2018

By Cherri Brown

Hello. I am so pleased with the help and service Pacifica is giving my mother, my family and me that I felt that I needed to let you know in writing. I know I have mentioned to you how grateful I am during this difficult time for your help. Although my mother, Lovelle, is now on Hospice, this could not have happened without the guidance and care of the Pacifica staff. My family and I were worried sick about her but we had no idea of what to do — and here is where your caring staff stepped in with kind and gentle help. First of all, I am so grateful to Heather who was so encouraging when Providence Hospice turned us down. She immediately began “plan B” and contacted Evergreen Health Hospice. She even continued to work on the situation throughout the weekend for us. Fortunately, this plan worked out and my mother will be able to have the benefits of extra care during this difficult time. But there are so many wonderful caregivers, too. All the Dogwood aides have been so kind and encouraging. In fact, the Evergreen Hospice nurse was highly complimentary to Sylvia regarding her knowledge and skill level! When I was there yesterday, I was surprised and thrilled to see how many of the staff popped in just to check on her — Jennifer (med tech), Alex (nurse), Nancy (activities director), Dawna (receptionist) and, of course, Kim (aide) pops in whenever she can. There are so many to recognize and I am afraid I may have missed several! I am so appreciative of this wonderful care. Thank you.

Cherri, thank you for your praise and kind comments about our team. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish! If there's anything further we can do for you, please let us know as we are happy to help!

January 13, 2018

By Steve

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish was a nice facility and I would recommend it. The reason that we didn't go for it was because of pricing. Other than that, we would've liked to have gone there and use that facility, but the price prohibited us. We just liked it overall, except the price. We liked the location. The only thing that it offers now that we don't have is full-time assistance, and there's is a bit of deduction in lifestyle here. I would recommend it if you could afford it.

Hi Steve, we appreciate your sharing your experience and wish you well in the community that you choose. Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you in the future. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up.

May 27, 2017

By sg507162

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish was a very good, clean, and well-kept place. I was impressed with it. The grounds were very well kept. The living areas were very nice and smelled really nice.

Thanks for your detailed review! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

May 20, 2017

By julie723010

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish is a great place, and I really like it. They have varying levels of assisted living as well as a nursing home.

Hi Julie, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

October 31, 2015

By anonymous105633350

It was really good, and I’d go there in a heartbeat. The food looked good, the place was very clean, and it was nicely kept. The nurses were pleasant. There’s a lot going on. They have a van for shopping and things like that.

June 23, 2015

This community was wonderful, and the experience was great. The people and the staff were very nice. The manager was wonderful too. It was clean and organized, and the rooms looked great. We were there when they were eating. There is one lady that I knew, her mother is in there, she had to share things with me, and she was very positive. I would absolutely recommend them.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

June 11, 2015

It seemed like they were small units with only a couple of residents per building. I think the take away on that is that it seemed very personable. The people were nice, but I just felt the place was really personable. They all seemed very pleasant, and it seemed like they were involved with the resident there. It seemed like a nice place, but it was a little too remote for me, and that was the reason we chose the other place.

Caring106832350, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

At Pacifica, we are constantly learning new techniques to provide our residents with the highest level of person-centered care. Some examples of care programming are: Mental Health & Dementia Specialty Training, Transfer Assistance Training, Behavior Problem Solving Training, Hand Over Hand Prompt Food Service Training, CPR, First Aid and more. We typically host several classes throughout the month, and offer refresher training courses during monthly All-Staff Meetings.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish has a large variety of residents ranging from as young as 65 to as old as 100.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our residents enjoy many favorite things such as exercise programs, shopping trips, trips to local theaters, casino trips, lunch outings, musical entertainment, watercolor classes, sculpting, golfing, bowling, bingo and much, much more!

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are many wonderful places within walking distance of Pacifica. Our residents enjoy the natural scenery while strolling along Centennial Trail or taking a walk near the Snohomish River. For those who like to shop, there are several stores about 10 minutes away on foot (Kohl's, Bridges Pets, Fred Meyer, Haggen's Grocery store, Safeway, Bartells) etc. You can meet friends at the Snohomish Senior Center, read a good book at the Snohomish Public Library, and historic First Street in downtown where there are many shops including: restaurants (Collector's Choice, Jake's, Outback Steakhouse, Fred's Riverside and more), cafe's (First Street Café, Looking Glass, etc.), several antiquing shops and much, much more!

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish offer to assisted living residents?

Pacifica offers trips to local shopping centers, restaurants, attractions, medical appointments and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining is family-style dining allowing for great conversations and relationship-building over good food and laughs. Meals are homemade with several choices and delicious items like made from scratch soups and fresh fruits and veggies.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish offer to assisted living residents?

All residents are provided with a personal help button, in addition to emergency pull cords throughout the apartments and the community. Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish also provides staffing 24/7. Our cottage-style living ensures there's always a representative close by to assist our residents.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep our residents' families informed about their loved ones in a variety of ways which include frequent care conferences, ED Meet & Greets, phone calls, emails etc.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish during daytime and nighttime hours?

This one is hard to explain as our care is very person centered and can change depending on resident need. For JUST hands on care, in AL the ratio is typically 1 caregiver per 14 residents. For Memory Care it is typically 1 caregiver for every 7 residents. However, we also have a separate team of Medication Technicians that provide medication support, separate nurses that provide nursing support, full time housekeeping services, separate chefs that provide meal preparation, and also a separate activities team providing over 150 activities a month for our residents to choose from. This allows our caregivers to just focus on our resident's care.

If Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

we do accept pets (proof of licensing, vaccinations, and a mild temperament required) and allow them in most indoor/outdoor spaces with the exception of the kitchen areas and in common spaces during special events.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

At Pacifica, we are constantly learning new techniques to provide our residents with the highest level of person-centered care. Some examples of care programming are: Mental Health & Dementia Specialty Training, Transfer Assistance Training, Behavior Problem Solving Training, Food Safety Training, CPR, First Aid and more. We typically host several classes throughout the month, and offer refresher training courses during monthly All-Staff Meetings.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care section has a higher staffing ratio and also provides cottage style living in a smaller, person-centered care setting. The Legacies Memory Care Neighborhood is safely tucked away in a fully fenced, gated exit alarm equipped section of the community. The gates will not open unless the correct code is entered, plus if a gate is left open for longer than 15 seconds an alarm will sound alerting all staff members within range and via pager that the alarm has been triggered.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Residents in Memory Care participate in over 150 activities a month. Activities are typically held at the same time each day to give our residents a sense of consistency. These activities could include: daily reminiscing, memory fitness games such as historical trivia or word association games, crafting, gardening, life skills ( laundry folding, table setting, sweeping, etc), scenic drives, outings ( zoo trips, local ball games, out to lunch, walking clubs), exercise programs ( stretch & flex, bean bag baseball, sit & be fit), reading groups, Music & Memory programming, and more. We also utilize a specially designed cognitive computer system called In-Touch which stores a variety of brain boosting activities ( Karaoke, fill in the blanks, solitaire card games, word search, etc).

The Resident Care Director who is also a Registered Nurse. Assessments are done ROUTINELY 30 days prior to admission to the community, within 14 days after admission, and every 6 months thereafter. In addition, assessments are done as needed based on a resident status change, health need change and/or change of condition. At Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish, the assessment process is a collaborative approach. This means we consider the opinions of all parties involved in resident care. These parties may include resident families, Physician's, Therapy Teams, the nursing Team, Caregivers and more.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish uses a variety of feeding techniques including full feeding assistance, hand over hand prompts, on task cuing, and more. Each technique is based on the resident's individualized needs and preferences.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We keep our residents' families informed about their loved ones' health in a variety of ways which include frequent collaborative care conferences, ED Meet & Greets, phone calls, emails etc.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The neighborhood is a very unique setting. We are located in a residential neighborhood near Emerson Elementary School and Snohomish High School, but are also set back of the street in a quiet, scenic garden setting with plenty of fully fenced in walking space for residents to enjoy nature in a safe, secure environment.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

While we do not have any direct affiliations, Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish does like to support the local community. There are several hospitals and skilled nursing options located minutes from the community.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

• Companion Suites: No

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

About Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish

pacificaseniorliving.com

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Feature Cottage style private studio apartments in peaceful country setting. Beautiful covered outdoor walking pathways in both assisted living and memory care. Maximum of 14 residents per cottage.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Snohomish