The Arbors at Shelburne

Reviews of The Arbors at Shelburne

Memory Care Reviews for The Arbors at Shelburne

May 15, 2017

By nhjobbre

My husband was moved into this facility from another facility. He required a higher level of skilled staff to deal with the later stages of dementia. This facility guided me through the move, to include actually physically moving his belongings/furniture from his prior residence. They set his room up before our arrival and had a small plate of cookies waiting for him when we arrived to his "new home." He went directly for the cookies! He knew he was home! We were welcomed into The Arbors as one of the new members of the community. Staff introduced themselves to me in the hallway when we were walking. They were always attentive to the needs of the residents whenever I was there. At meal times I was always encouraged to join my husband, something we could still share with each other. The facility was clean and whenever I requested anything, it was quickly responded to. My husband passed away after only 2 mos at the Arbors. How did I learn of his passing? Jessie drove to my place of employment an hour away to tell me in person. She then drove me to The Arbors where we were greeted by Wendy, the Exec. Dir. She gave me a big hug, and we proceeded to my husband's room. When I walked in, Cathy, was sitting at his bedside, his music was playing softly and his Boston Red Sox cap was on his bed post. Cathy told me, "I stayed with him until your could get here.." After "taking care of things," Jessie then drove me home, another hour out of her way... It was not an easy road my husband and I traveled dealing with dementia, but in the end, I'm so grateful we were at The Arbors. They treated me with much love and kindness and continue to keep in touch. In our short time together, lifetime friendships were made. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

August 01, 2011

By kyuan

On visiting a hospice client at this facility, I responded to the calls of a resident across the hall. He had been calling out "please help me" for about 5 minutes. I found a staff member to told me that they were in a meeting and that the resident who was calling out could wait since it was his disease talking. The client had urinated on the floor since he could not get help from the staff.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Arbors at Shelburne

The Arbors at Shelburne in Shelburne, VT is a residential care community exclusively dedicated to serving the needs of individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and related memory impairments. Our goal is to create an environment that feels safe and familiar, empowering and fulfilling.

Licensed by the State of Vermont, The Arbors has developed special programs and services to meet the unique needs of this fragile population. Welcome to The Arbors at Shelburne.

We are Vermont's only community entirely dedicated to memory care. We offer 24 hour nursing and two different levels of caring making it that our residents can move in independently and age in place through nursing home level of care. Our programming is 7-days/week from sun-up to sun-down! We are located in beautiful Shelburne neighboring Shelburne Farms and Shelburne Museum!

Map of The Arbors at Shelburne