Neighborhood House (Riverside)
Offers Adult Day Care
Reviews of Neighborhood House (Riverside)
Adult Day Care Reviews for Neighborhood House (Riverside)
December 31, 2019
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
April 03, 2016
I am a current client of this provider
About Neighborhood House (Riverside)
Loving, supervised care for adults
Neighborhood House provides a safe, home-like environment for non-aggressive individuals 18 years and older who need supervised care during the day. Since 1978, we've been a pioneer in adult day care services"”not just in Utah, but in the nation. Our ability to provide a responsive and caring environment for both clients and caregivers sets us apart from other adult day care providers. Our programs ensure your loved ones receive the physical, mental and social services they need, while you get a much-needed respite.
Neighborhood House fills an important need in our community by making quality, adult care affordable for all. A sliding fee scale ensures everyone is welcome, regardless of their ability to pay.
Caring. Community. Quality.
Many of our adult clients have dementia or Alzeimer's Disease, have suffered a stroke, or are simply isolated during the day. Each has a special place in our house, and is treated with love and respect. Our staff ratio of 1:6 enables us to give each individual the emotional, cognitive, physical and social stimulation needed to encourage independence and prevent premature placement in long-term care facilities. We also give their caregivers a much-needed respite. This gives time to themselves, allows them to continue working, and reduces the stress that comes from taking care of an aging or disabled loved one.
Quality Programs for Your Loved Ones
Neighborhood House is a social rehabilitative program, which utilizes recreational and therapeutic activities to maintain physical, mental and social skills as well as the highest possible level of independence. Some of our structured activities include:
- Therapeutic consultant-based art, music and movement activities
- Community outings to local attractions
- Supervised and guided outdoor walks on and off our beautiful property
- Cognition and reminiscence activities
- Social encouragement with large and small groups
- Intergenerational activities with our preschool children
Other services we provide:
- Nutritious meals and snacks that meet Recommended Dietary Allowance requirements
- Services for Alzheimer's Disease and other related memory loss
- Referrals to resources within the community
- Safe, homelike setting with individual, attentive and compassionate care
- Time spent with nursing and social work students
- Two locations to better serve you
- Door-to-door transportation available (fees based on a client's ability to pay)