Midwestern Healthcare Center

Reviews of Midwestern Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Midwestern Healthcare Center

February 22, 2016

By Caring Daughter120373650

I love the people and the staff at Midwestern Healthcare Center. They know each other by name, are very caring, and watch out for patients. We appreciate what they do. The cost is good, and they do not charge extra for giving medicines, etc. Plus, they take them places without charge. They are in the process of remodeling.

April 29, 2014

My overall impression of Midwestern Healthcare Center was not very good, although I think my friend thinks that she got good care. The rehab did what it was supposed to do. The facility was just a little bit depressing. The halls would often be stocked with boxes, and the front entry often had leaves. I just didn't like the feel of it because it gives an overall feeling that things are just really not well taken care of there. She had her room all by herself, and it was comfortable and spacious. I didn't eat with her, but I visited with her in the dining room, and she didn't make negative comments about the food.

June 12, 2012

By LadyTyler

My first experience as I previously stated was as an investigator for the Department of Family and Protective Services (APS). I visited the facility several times over a six month period during the investigation and I came and went at very different hours of the day, once in the middle of the night. The environment was excellent. No funky smell in the air that most visitors dread being greeted with. That was my first pleasant surprise. I've visited and investigator a number of nursing homes and this one really pleased me on a number of levels. The staff are great. They are friendly, and helpful in finding specific staff members, client rooms, and files. Their social worker, Dustin P., was one of the best I've worked with. Kind and compassionate with the patients, always an open door policy for the clients, their families, and the staff as well. I was also pleased with the amount of integrity they allow their patients to keep. Though some patients are often very ill, or very confused and rather combative, I noticed that the staff made sure to help everyone take care of their personal hygiene including, clean clothes, clean hands and faces, teeth in, shoes tied, hair combed, and sometimes a little make up and perfume for the ladies. The food always looked good too. I was so impressed, in fact, that several years later I gave birth to a 23 week premature baby. During the process of getting him help through social security/disability I was required to take him for an overnight admittal at a nursing facility. I called Midwestern Healthcare to inquire if they would accept my son and I for a night. Not only did they accecpt, they helped us fill out all of the paperwork for the social security office. They also provided excellent care for us. The nurses decorated the room like a nursery prior to our arrival, they had all of the medical equipment we needed set up such as his oxygen tank and iv hangers for his feeding tube. They brought a rocking chair in for me to soothe him. I also finally got to taste their food that always smelled so good, as they fed me dinner. And it was excellent. I have had many unpleasant experiences in nursing facilities over the years, but this one was a glimmer of hope that one day standards will be pushed higher, and owners will be held responsible for the care of their patients.

Services and Amenities of Midwestern Healthcare Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

About Midwestern Healthcare Center

Midwestern Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Wichita Falls, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Midwestern Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Midwestern Healthcare Center