Atria Forest Lake

Reviews of Atria Forest Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Forest Lake

August 06, 2021

By Billie

I visited Atria Forest Lake, and it was very nice. I like that a lot. I like the amount of services that they provide. The staff is wonderful. They are definitely very helpful and very knowledgeable. I think they had a courtyard, and the dining room was a restaurant style.

June 24, 2021

By Jennifer

Atria Forest Lake looked clean, the people looked happy, and I thought the rooms were very nice. It's convenient to where we live. I thought the person who took me around was very nice. They showed me the sunroom, I saw where the dining room was, and it had nice sitting rooms so you could go someplace other than your bedroom. They also have a garden outside where you could sit. The dining room was light and airy, and it was clean and not too cluttered with stuff. I didn't see a lot of medical equipment or anything like that lying around, too many chairs that have been left behind, or anything like that. I thought it was very good; I liked it when I walked in.

Jennifer, It was our pleasure to show you and your family our community. Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience!

May 06, 2021

By Forever Yours

Rooms are a comfortable size and I like that my loved one can control the temperature in the room as well. A cable box is provided which allows my loved one to view shows that are of interest to him and the majority of the staff members responsible for caring for my spouse are very courteous and willing to help. The Activities Director fills each day with activities that challenge residents physically and mentally. When days are nice, residents are encouraged to enjoy the garden area which seems to lift their spirits. The dining area is nice and meal options are provided allowing the residents to select their meal of choice.

Hello, Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience. Thank you for choosing Atria!

May 04, 2021

By Toby Todd

My mother is well attended to, she loves the attention. Room is kept clean and trash removed promptly. Mom enjoys playing bingo and going to the auction.

By S-E-H

The staff is very attentive and caring. Even during the pandemic, they always went the extra mile.

We couldn't agree more with your kind compliments. Our staff takes pride in going above and beyond. Thank you for sharing your experience!

By Resident family caregiver

The staff members, nurses and office staff are all remarkable.

By T Bryan

We are particularly impressed with the staff at Atria Forest Drive. All staff there are sensitive and caring. Response times are reasonable when help is needed and staff is very understanding of my mother's individual needs. Most of our requests have been granted. Mom likes the food and the activities that are provided and sometimes takes the bus for outside trips.

May 19, 2019

By juliannatemple

I cannot say enough nice things about Atria. My mother lived there for over a year until her condition progressed to a point of needing a much higher level of care. The Atria and the staff were a blessing to mother and to my family. I wish she could've stayed there until the end. When mother first moved in, they permitted me to spend the night for a couple of nights to help her get settled. The residents and staff were so welcoming, and they even treated me to breakfast on the house. I had to take mother to a couple of doctor's appointments, and they made the process really smooth by providing me with a copy of her records and helping with the sign-in/sign-out system. I'm a nurse and work long hours. That first night, I didn't get there until really late and the staff were great about letting me in and showing me where to go, etc. The nursing director, Elizabeth, is an angel. You can tell she really cares about the residents and their families. I often saw her staying after hours, visiting with residents in the dining hall, and freely giving hugs and warm smiles. It's the little things like this that matter! I knew I could always ask questions and she would quickly help me. She was immensely helpful as we navigated a difficult family situation, and for that I will always be grateful. So many of the med techs were just amazing -- attentive and kind. They checked on mother often, reminding her of meal times, chatting with her, making sure she had her medications and that she got showered and ready for bed, etc. Mom made quite a few friends in the techs, and so did I. There were one or two techs who were kind of rough-acting with mother. Unfortunately, no business or facility is ever going to have 100% of the staff going above and beyond. My only other criticism is that Atria has a skeleton crew on weekends, so that can be challenging. None of the admin is there to oversee/direct and they tend to be short-staffed on those days. For this reason, I subtracted one star from what would have been a five-star score. Atria does a great of job of engaging with residents. My mother, unfortunately, was a bit socially withdrawn and didn't want to participate very often, but she was certainly never excluded from being invited. Atria offered exercise classes and social hour, had musical performances in the lobby, church services for those wanting to attend, scenic rides in the bus, etc. There's always something to do for anyone who wants to be active. Four months after mother left Atria, she passed away. During the time in-between, both Nicole (front desk) and Elizabeth (head nurse) checked in with me to see how mom was doing. When they found out she passed away, they sent flowers and called both me and my sister to offer condolences. I would absolutely recommend Atria to anyone looking for a nice place for their senior/aging parents.

Julianna, It was truly our pleasure to serve your mother and your family, and it was an honor to serve your family. Thank you for sharing your family's time at Atria. We will be sure to pass along your kind compliments.

December 04, 2018

By FV

Atria Forest Lake was a very nice, established facility that's been there for a while. They recently upgraded it. They had very nice grounds and plenty of room. We saw the dining room and the menus, which were fine. There was very little separation between the independent and the assisted living and while the apartment we viewed was excellent, the public restroom that I had to use could've used cleaning. It was smelly with urine on the floor. The part that really turned me off was they gave us one price when we came in and when they found out we were in the process of selling our house, the price suddenly went up by $1,000 a month. They were beautiful on the outside but not nearly so beautiful on the inside. They had a courtyard, a very small exercise room, and a library. The staff was nice, but I didn't get a really good vibe from them. The actual apartment was really nice, in good shape, and very clean, but the public areas could've used some more care, especially the restrooms.

November 11, 2014

By Barbara85360950

Atria Forest Lake was pretty much a clean facility. The employees were friendly. However, the distance was not conducive to my schedule. I didn't want to put my sister there because I wouldn't have a lot of time to visit her or check on her there. The accommodations were really good. They were more on the same feel as the other facility as far as the way the apartment looked like. They had several different sizes. Their dining hall was accommodating. It was restaurant style.

April 09, 2014

We're very pleased with Atria. We have a smaller room, but it certainly meets all of my father's needs. The staff has been very helpful. It helped the family to feel like a part of their family. They offer a lot of activities, like exercises, programs, seasonal activities, games, and movies. I eat there at least once a week. The setting is lovely, and the food is good. The dining room is very nice and comfortable. I was most taken with the nice surroundings and the location. They're very attentive, friendly, and helpful.

June 15, 2013

By Andrea7

I was very impressed with Atria Forest Lake. I thought the staff was great and very encouraging. The rooms were really good and I liked the whole atmosphere. It would certainly be on top of my list, if they hadn't been quite so expensive.

August 20, 2012

By babyjline

Atria is beautiful! When you think of assisted living, you tend to think of something similar to a prison! They have a different floor plans (granny got to choose the style that would work best for her), amazing food, you are allowed to have dogs (perfect for my granny cos she loves her dog!), an emergency call system (also perfect for my granny just in case she needs someone) and help if she needs it. The staff are amazing! They seem to really care for her like she is their grandma! That's really important because you know nowadays, people are taking advantage of the elderly! :( Atria just feels like home!

November 18, 2011

By mbedingfield

The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly. My late Father was there as well as a Good friend is now residing there. The Food is Good and it is a very nice place to visit..

Memory Care Reviews for Atria Forest Lake

By ahistorydetective

We have a good relationship with the staff. We are kept informed with any concerns related to my mom. The facility is kept clean and everyone is friendly and professional. Although I have not first hand seen the food service due to the pandemic. What I did see on an early visit looked great so not being more familiar I feel safe to at least rate it four stars
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Get Costs

About Atria Forest Lake

In a beautiful homestead with an expansive Southern-style front porch, you'll find Atria Forest Lake, a family-style senior community. Enjoy a quiet walk in the courtyard, relax with friends by the fountain, or visit with family in the dayroom. Located in the heart of Forest Acres, Atria Forest Lake is within walking distance of shops, grocery stores, restaurants and theaters

Atria Forest Lake provides the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
    • A choice of apartments
    • A full-time director for events and activities
    • An emergency call system in every apartment
    • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
    • Assistance with activities of daily living
    • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
    • Medication assistance
    • Memory-care neighborhood
    • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Forest Lake