Canfield Place Youngstown, OH

Reviews of Canfield Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Canfield Place

January 29, 2014

By Mary Jo3

I would definitely recommend Sterling House of Youngstown. The facility is really nice and very clean. The director showed me around and I saw that they have very nice people working there.

August 28, 2012

By Alzheimer's Peace of Mind

This facility has wonderful care providers who pay attention to residents based on their individual needs. The surroundings are beautiful. There are common areas for residents to enjoy themselves playing cards or games with others as well as scheduled activities. The dining facility is warm and friendly. They ensure that residents attend three meals a day and welcome guests and family members to dine with their loved ones. The staff is very caring and friendly and they know how to deal with the varied mood swings of Alzheimer afflicted residents. All exits are locked down which prevents the patients from wandering off out into the neighboring area, something which is a great comfort to us. In addition, all guest visits are registered and there is only one public point of enter which is also locked. This protects the elderly patients from people who would prey on them and take advantage of their lack of comprehension. Overall, this facility is a wonderful place and I am confident anyone with a parent who has Alzheimer's would benefit from the peace of mind they would experience by having their loved one in this facility.

May 26, 2012

By Cindy4

I really love this place. I would love to put my mom in this facility but it's just that my mom has Alzheimer's and the program doesn't provide the extensive care that my mom needs. I was really surprised about how they treated everyone. And Rachel from that facility, actually came out to our house, met my mom and brought her cookies because my mom really loves cookies. And we even had a lunch delivered to us courtesy of Rachel and I was really surprised! That was really something!

Costs for Canfield Place

Photos of Canfield Place

Services and Amenities of Canfield Place

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Financial Aid

About Canfield Place

Canfield Place, surrounded by the scenic countryside of Youngstown, is an assisted living community focused on making you and your loved ones feel right at home. Connecting with friends is easy in our inviting common areas which include a fireplace lounge, man cave, theater and courtyard with garden areas. Our pet friendly community offers our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body by developing individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. We structure engaging activities like Mix & Mingle, Men's Social, Manicures and Morning Exercises so everyone has the opportunity to socialize and interact in a fun environment. With a full-time licensed nurse available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care, we strive to maintain each resident's independence.

Map of Canfield Place