Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

December 02, 2017

By Steve G.

Due to the lack of availability at other nursing homes I was forced to leave my father at Premier Nursing home knowing the place had a terrible reputation. I was quick to learn why this facility has such a bad reputation. I could write book on all the negative aspects about this facility and share several experiences that occurred during my father’s stay but I will only touch on a few areas that I feel warrant the attention of anyone contemplating leaving a family member at this nursing home. Push the patient emergency button from any room and expect to wait at least 30 minutes before anybody comes to the room. There have been times we’ve waited over an hour. Think about that during a time in which a patient could be choking or fallen off their bed. Ask a medical question and expect mass confusion and someone telling you they will find out who can answer your question. You will Never see an actual doctor present at this facility and there’s only a couple nurses running around between the hundreds of patients. The place is run by nursing aids most of which would rather hang out outside smoking their cigarettes vice spending time tending to the patients. Not only is the patient health care poor but so is the facility cleanliness, food, communications, support, laundry services, wound care, etc. During the weekends this place turns into a ghost town that has the feel of a warehouse full of patients with bare minimal staff. I encourage anyone to visit this place on a Saturday or Sunday and take note at all the rooms with the patient emergency light flashing on multiple rooms where patients are endlessly waiting for assistance. I will admit that there were a couple therapists who actually cared about their patients and worked with them but this does no good when the rest of the employers have no desire to maintain pain management, rotate patients in beds, and prevent the decline in health, strength, and will power to survive. My father developed a painful ulcer on his backside due to the staff not rotating him in bed. He lost an unbelievable amount of weight and looked famished. The best day my father had at Premier was the day we took him out of there. This is NOT a libel review with fictitious accusations. These are facts which can easily be noted by anyone who takes the time to walk through this facility and take note on the care being provided, the absence of “true” medical staff, and the health and happiness of the patients subjected to minimal efforts of medical treatment and care.

September 26, 2017

By disappointed staff

Customer service is bad. Nurses take their time giving out medication and answering residents needs. Cna leave residents soiled and when asked why they haven’t been changed they make up excuses. Cna ignore residents needs. Management is very prejudice and disrespectful. When making schedules, they have no consideration for their employees needs. They demand employees come in even after being hospitalized. Staff does not do a good job of keeping residents rooms cleaned, it’s a very big bug infested facility, and when asked if residents family could bring bug spray, they said no. Some residents complain about being there and want to go home or speak with family and staffing denies requests. I wouldn’t recommend working here or having family members stay here.

May 22, 2017

By 1whospeaks4onewhocan-t

This place is supposed to be the better of the ones in Onslow county. That is really sad because it is bad. Way too understaffed, especially on weekends when you will have 1 aid to anywhere from 14 to 20 patients. And most of the aids as well as the nurse's with the exception of a few of each, act like they don't care. When you go to visit and several!! days out of the week find the person wet or soiled all you get is " I'm sorry, I am running behind, I have so many people to take care of, ECT. Always something. And complaining to management get you nowhere. We did our research before placing and again I say, they were supposed to be the better one. What is a person to do except go every day just to make sure they are doing there jobs.

May 11, 2017

By Repairchick

This place is horrible. DO NOT TAKE ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY THERE. They did not take care of my father. He has more medical problems because they didn't turn him and clean him properly.

November 02, 2016

By Jennifer770456

Premier Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is where my mother wanted to go. The staff seemed friendly, cheerful and helpful. It's clean and well-maintained. When the fire alarm in the bathroom is going off, maintenance came and took care of it, took it down, and put a new one in. The food could be better because I'm not sure if my mom likes the food so much. The hospital and shopping are right across the street.

August 30, 2015

My brother-in-law is at Premier Nursing and Rehab Center. He has been there a little over eight months, and it seemed like the right place for him. We are content with the surroundings of the institution. It seems like the people are very professional. The place is very clean. We are sincerely happy.

July 30, 2015

By Mary110500250

My relative was in Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He did not have any problems with the food. It was good. They had bingo. I liked their physical theraphy and occupational therapy staff. They were really good. I think the ratio of patients to the aides and the nurses probably needed to be decreased a little.

July 15, 2014

By Firework

I believe this facility is called Premier now. The rehabilitation staff are professional and extra gifted in their careers. The entire staff are cordial and as hard as the medicine shift/meal shift can be, they all work so hard to get it done. I've always believed in order to get the best care of your loved one is to constantly advocate for them. This is true of Premier as well. Upper management needs to be backed up against a wall before they are able to accomplish things. It shouldn't be that way. These administrators use good judgement and really care about the patients. So upper upper management should loosen up! One downside. I don't think they have more than one Dr and one PA. My parents have been there for a little over a month....haven't ever seen the Dr or had any of my medicine concerns addressed! Over all this is a good place to put a loved one. As always, have family there as much as possible!

June 11, 2012

By avasmom26

the staff seemed ok though there was only one nurse for the whole faculity, the housekeepers seemed to be doing things i dont think they should medically be doing. it was a regular looking place thou it did have a horrible smell,and mr. metts did tell me he liked the cnas for the most part they were nice to him.The food left alot to the imagination, maybe that is were the smell was, they did have activitys for the people to partiapate in but it seemed the cna had there favorites and those were the one who got brought outside and stuff, while the other folks were kinda just sitting in the hallway by themselves, It was not the worst place i have ever seen and definitly not the best.

September 29, 2011

By GeiaGonzalez

I was doing my clinicals for my CNA exam when I visited Britthaven. It seemed like a very nice place at first. It looked very clean and well organized compared to other placed I'd been. But then once orientation was over it seemed like the building's true colors began to show. The residents were being left on their toilets for over thirty minutes while the CNA's and LPN's were gossiping in the hallway. The CNA's would sit and text on their cellphones in patients rooms. And there was plenty of unnecessary roughness. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Everyday I felt horrible knowing the way those people were being treated. In my opinion it should have been shut down a long time ago! It sickened me to see a woman sitting in her own waste for hours at as time because no one wanted to clean her up. If ever there was a case of negligence. Almost all of the staff should have been fired and sued, I believe.

Services and Amenities of Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

About Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Jacksonville, North Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation Center