The Hearth on James

The Hearth on James (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Hearth on James

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth on James

January 08, 2016

The Hearth on James seemed clean, and it was a pleasant atmosphere. The person who gave me the tour was very professional, very helpful, and even called and followed up with me, so I was very impressed. I visited a room with two of the residents that were there. They were neighbors and were just chatting and invited me in and showed me the rooms and were very welcoming. And they were like, "Oh we can't wait for your mom to come and meet her." The rooms were really nice, and their price was probably one of the better prices in the city.

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to offering the very best in lifestyles and care at The Hearth on James and are glad that you had a positive experience with us! Please give me a call any time at (315)422-2173 if you need any assistance at this time! Thanks again, Kelly Kiggins Executive Director

December 16, 2015

By anonymous117900350

The Hearth was nice. It was small, in a bad section of town. The people working in The Hearth were very nice, however, some of the residents were out in the front door smoking cigarettes; you can smell it in the entranceway, and that turned me off. The rooms were adequate, the activities were okay, and the dining area was fine.

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you had a positive experience with the staff. We try our best to accommodate all of our residents’ needs and would encourage you to revisit our beautiful Syracuse community. Please feel free to give me a call at (315) 422-2173 if you would like to further discuss your thoughts and/or concerns. Sincerely, Kelly Kiggins Executive Director

December 15, 2015

By skankatie

My sister has recently joined The Hearth on James family. After visiting other Assisted Living Housing in the Syracuse area, I give the facility, staff, location, food and experience a "5 star" rating. Alescia, Director of Community Relations, guided our family through the process and paperwork during a stressful time. Sue, Nurse Manager, is well experienced with a nurturing attitude towards tenants...we love Nurse Sue. It's very interesting when you transition from owning a house and the maintenance thereof, having nutritious meals and snacks provided daily, onsite physical therapy/occupational therapy, medical management, weekly housekeeping, transportation, daily activities and social programs...your life is very simple. This means, individuals can focus on themselves, their health and truly the things that make them happy in life. The heart warming staff and residents always greet our family as we arrive or in the hallways. Anyone driving into the parking lot of Hearth on James will "feel" the happiness around as it is such a beautiful facility. My sister is thriving in her new environment making new friends and looking healthier than I have ever seen her. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are happy that your sister has joined our family here at The Hearth on James and are glad that you have had such a positive experience with us. We are lucky to have the opportunity to care for your sister! Thanks again, Kelly Kiggins Executive Director

May 26, 2012

By dan4

The overall place was really nice and the people were very caring. And the level of professionalism was there. In fact during the tour, a nurse aid who was on break came to us when it seemed no one was there to help us to tour the place. She said she’d be glad to help us see the rest of the facility. So, that really says something about how professional they were and how they would love to accommodate people. And we can see how they interact with their residents and co-employees. They have this home-like environment. It's a place where you have that feeling that they really love helping each other and care about each other.

Independent Living Reviews for The Hearth on James

Costs for The Hearth on James

Photos of The Hearth on James

Services and Amenities of The Hearth on James

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Licenses: NYS Enriched Housing License
  • State Licenses: 520-S-135

About The Hearth on James

Hearth Management, a small, locally-owned and operated company specializing in premier senior living options, opened The Hearth on James in 2002. Since then, The Hearth on James, overlooking the city of Syracuse, offers easy access to shopping, medical services, and cultural activities. Our residents enjoy restaurant-style dining, daily social and fitness events, transportation, weekly housekeeping, and access to amenities for premier living in an intimate community.

The Hearth on James offers independent living for those seeking an active, fulfilling life without the worries of home maintenance. In addition, we provide Enriched Living, when individually tailored nursing care is necessary. You will have peace of mind knowing that assistance is available 24-hours a day to you or your loved one, whether here as an independent resident or taking part in our Enriched Living program. It's all designed to help our residents Live More® and achieve wellness in every aspect of their life.

The Hearth on James is a small, intimate community, located less than 2 miles to the area's 4 major hospitals. This allows you or your loved one to have more individual care and attention, as well as easy access to medical services.

Map of The Hearth on James