Andrus on Hudson

Reviews of Andrus on Hudson

Nursing Home Reviews for Andrus on Hudson

April 21, 2014

By Rosemary12

I went on Andrus on Hudson for a rehab. It turned out to be a nice place, and I'm very glad I chose it. Being sick and all, it was hard to appreciate being there, but it was a nice experience. The PT and OT people were very nice. The aides were extremely nice too. I had no problems there whatsoever. I was there for two weeks, and they helped me a lot, so I'm able to walk and be not in a wheelchair. My room had a beautiful view of the Hudson River. It was a single room. It was a nice size with a nice regular bed and closet space. I could bring in my cookies and candies. The meals were pretty good. I was able to have three square meals a day, which, when I'm home, I wouldn't have. I enjoyed their meals. Overall, I think it was a very nice place. It is very nice when you first go in. They have a big lobby there. The staff was very good with people in wheelchairs. They took me to wherever I chose to go. They played stuff like Hangman, they went over all the news, and they even had a Mass there. On each floor, they had a pet dog, "Bailey," that came by a couple of times.

April 13, 2012

By starinthesky

The staff seemed relatively nice. I would say that the outside of the facility looked pretty. Inside seemed relatively clean, with soft lighting, nice carpeting, etc. I couldn't get a feel for what kind of food residents were offered, as we only stayed for about an hour. The other guests at this facility seemed, to be honest, sullen, melancholy, and depressed. However, this may have been due to their health ailments, rather than the actual nursing home. There could have been more light, perhaps wooden floors. The lobby - which facilitated socializing for patients and guests - was quite pretty, and sort of reminded me of a posh, spacious living room. I don't recall smelling urine or anything offensive. When I was in my aunt's room, I felt claustrophobic. The individual rooms, while a good option for someone who wants privacy, seems bleak, vanilla, and small. I couldn't wait to get out. I wasn't made aware of any activities for the seniors staying there, either. The atmosphere was rather sad.

February 19, 2012

By rvcram9219

Overall this facility is clean but very dated on the inside and in the rooms. There are two elevators and one has been broken for at least three years now and makes it hard at meal times for the people who live on the upper floors.. My Great Aunt loves the people who work here so much and she thinks the staff is so friendly and upbeat. She has been there 25 years and they have always made her happy. I would say this place is a fair place but it will soon be completely too dated for people to feel happy about leaving their family here. This although it's a problem has more to do with budget and not a bad attitude and the people working and running the facility is the most important in my mind. In conclusion I feel that I would recommend this place to people who don't have a huge budget but still want a nice caring staff.

Photos of Andrus on Hudson

Services and Amenities of Andrus on Hudson

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Andrus on Hudson

Since 1953 Andrus on Hudson, a 501(c)3 organization, has been committed to the care of seniors. We currently operate a 197 bed Skilled Nursing Care facility on 24 acres overlooking the Hudson River. The services that we provide are: Rehabilitation & Post-Acute Care, Long Term Care, Memory Care, Hospice/Palliative Care & Respite Care. Each of our residents has a private room and we offer intergenerational programs between seniors and children.

Map of Andrus on Hudson