Brookdale Meridian Meridian, MS

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

4555 35th Avenue, Meridian, MS 39305
Brookdale Meridian (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 3/26

For the safety of our residents, we are only conducting Virtual Tours. For over 40 years, Brookdale has been helping older adults live better, and we want to help you too! Please give us a call to discuss your needs and we'll create a virtual visit.

Reviews of Brookdale Meridian

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Meridian

June 26, 2014

By Joseph26

The rooms of Emeritus at Silver Leaf Manor are nice. They seem to care about the people there. I think they have a lot of stuff going on, like they take the residents out to church, they could take them on a bus if they need to go somewhere, and they have dominos and bingo. My mom seems to be OK with that. I think she is happy, considering she'd rather be on her own. The place is pretty clean. I think they have not washed her clothes a couple of times, but we've had somebody else do that. I just want them to make sure that they wash her clothes and that she eats three meals a day. That is all I care about.

June 15, 2014

Silverleaf is nice and clean, and the people are friendly. I have friends there, and they’re very happy. The staff is very nice, friendly, and considerate.

October 25, 2013

By Samantha6

Emeritus was excellent. The place was clean and well kept. It had a very good atmosphere. They were very caring with the people. I liked the lady that I talked to because she was very helpful and she's full of information. Just the way she talked made me feel comfortable.

June 29, 2012

By CRKcovington

My granmother checked in here when I was 21. She was 91 years old. She has slight dementia and so it was safer for her to live where she wasn't alone. From what I've seen her facilities are always very clean, she has friends there because it's a small Mississippi town where everyone knows everyone. She prefers to cook for herself so we have her come stay with us alot because she enjoys cooking us dinner and its only a 20 minute drive. She Enjoys her freedom in the community. Staff is nice, each person is assigned a primary nurse who usually has between 5-10 residents they are always on call for. I can think of nothing wrong with this place, Granny loves it and that makes us happy.

Questions about Brookdale Meridian

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly In-services and state required training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Meridian. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The assisted living residents at Brookdale Meridian are active and social; both within our community as well as within the town. Their age ranges from 54 to 95. Their favorite things to do include: bingo, reminiscing, and enjoying delicious snacks and meals.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Meridian offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Wellness programs, bingo, cooking, Bible reading, shopping, dining out, exercise programs, trivia

What places are near Brookdale Meridian or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Bowling alley, restaurants and stores

What transportation services does Brookdale Meridian offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation via bus to doctor appointments, shopping/errands, dining out

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Meridian exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style dining. Residents choose items to add to the menu. There are also “Regional Favorites” options. “We say yes” program. Dining Services Director sings with piano accompaniment several times a week.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Meridian offer to assisted living residents?

Life alert pendants

How does Brookdale Meridian keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Email, phone calls, face to face meetings

If Brookdale Meridian accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes. We allow dogs and cats. Grassy area within the community for pets

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly In-Services.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

3-morning 3-midday 2- overnight

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Meridian provide to protect residents who wander?

Staff monitoring. We also have a dedicated Alzheimer's & Dementia Assisted Living

What programs or activities does Brookdale Meridian offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Exercise, music, arts and crafts, news, reminiscing

Health and Wellness Director and Nursing staff, as often as needed according to resident health/decline

What techniques does Brookdale Meridian use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Hand over hand, Refresh

How does Brookdale Meridian keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Email, phone calls, one on one meetings to discuss plan of care

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Meridian. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential and business

Is Brookdale Meridian affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital, but we our resident's go to Rush and Anderson Hospitals.

Photos of Brookdale Meridian

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Meridian

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Meridian