Johanna Shores

Reviews of Johanna Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Johanna Shores

July 30, 2013

By abecarol

My mother-in-law is staying at McKnight Care Center, which is located on a lake. Sometimes they even take the residents on a boat. Her room is not very big, but overall the accommodation is very nice. The food is okay. My mother-in-law needs a lot of help for her medication, dressing, bath care, and just about everything. They do a lot of things there and I don't think there's any more to add.

Independent Living Reviews for Johanna Shores

November 25, 2016

By Michael547883

Johanna Shores is one of the options. It is more of a private, kind of on-the-lake feeling. It is more serene. It is very beautiful, and I really love this place. Everything is phenomenal. It wasn't so much what the food was; it was the flexibility and the ability for somebody not to be tied to a time of day where they have to eat. It is like being on a cruise. Like my mother could eat at any one of the restaurants, and they're very flexible and not restrictive at all. They have on-staff medical care. They have a dentist that comes weekly. They have a big movie theater. It was like taking my mother on vacation. It is expensive there, but I would say if you have the financial resources, that would be worth it. They do honor the Elderly Waiver to the state, so you would have a studio apartment rather than a 1-bedroom, but they would still honor the Elderly Waiver. Also there was a lot of families; you wouldn't feel like you're in a nursing facility. There were a lot of young people there eating and enjoying time with their families. The atmosphere was incredible.

October 28, 2015

By Rolf H.

Johanna Shores seemed to be fairly new. The view was good from the rooms. The dining area was very close to the rooms. Overall, I had a positive feeling. The people involved were the medical people and I believe the housing director. It was built on a lake. It had two intersecting streets outside of it. They offered community activities, such as chapel. I thought they had a place for the residents to exercise. I would recommend it. However, I thought it was more expensive than the other ones.

April 20, 2015

By Joannie1

I absolutely loved Johanna Shores the most. It's the one that I want to move into when I get old. It was on a lake. It's gorgeous as far as the interior of the place. It's like a resort hotel. It doesn't seem like it would be an assisted living for seniors. They had a fitness center and a party room that you can rent out. They had arts and crafts, and they had outings. They've got different wings for different progressions. They can be moved within the facility as they progress.

October 18, 2014

By Caring96219950

Mom likes Johanna Shores. She likes the independent feeling of the facility. She likes the washer and dryer in her apartment, and that was important for mom. We are on their waiting list right now. They have good meal options, and the staff are very excellent.

July 29, 2014

By George88256950

Johanna Shores is up-to-date and modern. It’s also very well appointed. There are a lot of new additions and amenities. It did not require a large down payment. However, I didn’t like the administrator who took me around.

May 29, 2014

By Eleanor6

Johanna Shores had absolutely everything. It was very spacious, but that's why I didn't choose it. It was too big. It's clean and very extravagant. I got to see where your bed is in the living room, but I didn't get to see a 1-bedroom apartment. They have bingo and pool therapy. They have balance training, and they have an ice cream shop. They have a store and a theater.

April 21, 2014

By Sharon48

Johanna Shores is wonderful. My mother-in-law is there right now. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They have a lot of activities for their residents. My mother-in-law's room is a one-room studio apartment. It is big enough for her to have all amenities at home. The dining room is wonderful. They have three different dining rooms she can go to. She loves every bit of food there. Overall, this place is phenomenal.

January 23, 2014

By caring83918750

My dad didn't live at Johanna Shores, so I don't know about the care that they would have. But as far as the visual aspect and what they have to offer, I'd say it's a five. They've got the pool, the theater, a barber, and a little store, so everything is right there for people who can't get out all the time. It looked clean and well-kept.

August 20, 2013

By harpgirl

I visited Johanna Shores for my parents. It is a new facility. It is elegant. We didn't get to see an apartment but the surroundings are beautiful. They have movie room, which is just a separate theater. They also have an exercise room. However, the atmosphere of this facility didn't strike me as warm as the other facility I've looked at. Nevertheless, we did sign up for Johanna Shores because it takes two years to get in.

August 18, 2013

The ambience at Johanna Shores was better than the other facility that we visited. It was very nice looking and it was close to our daughter as well. We were not able to taste the food since it was a short visit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Johanna Shores

Services and Amenities of Johanna Shores

About Johanna Shores

Johanna Shores is a senior living provider in Arden Hills, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact Johanna Shores for more details on services and rates.

Map of Johanna Shores