Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

Reviews of Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

Assisted Living Reviews for Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

November 23, 2015

By Broken leg

The facility is literally 5 minutes from our house so my husband thought it would be convenient to visit at lunch and dinner. BIG MISTAKE! The outside and dining room are nice. They try to keep the residents engaged with movie night and bingo. However the rooms are filthy. The wait time for the call lights was horrible. I was in for rehab on a broken leg. I required a bedpan for a while and then I was able to use the commode with assistance. I was put on a diaper. Basically it was for the times when it took the Certifide Nurses Assistants (CNA) took between 30 and 60 minutes to make appearance. In their defense they were regularly understaffed. More CNAs and nurses were brought in during the State review. It was a farce. The state needs to put someone in the facility under cover to see how things are on a regular day. A few of the CNAs had heavy accents and were difficult to understand. One particular lady would get an attitude when you asked her to repeat herself. She actually became rough with me when helping me. After crying a few times when she hurt my leg I finally asked that she not come near me. It wasn't always possible due to the lack of support. The Physical Therapist (PT) and Occupational Therapist (OT) were great for the most part. I had a set back when I fell during PT and hit both knees on the edge of the stairs. The nurse on duty was a waste of space. She never touched my leg to access the damage. I wouldn't recommend this facility to anyone.

July 12, 2015

By tonysgirl

My father is currently here and we are looking for somewhere that has room for him. The nursing care is horrible, they are way understaffed, the place is filthy. My father had CDiff, a very serious bowel infection and when they removed the sheets after a family member told them to, they were thrown on a chair with feces on them that is HIGHLY contagious to elderly, not to mention unsanitary.Last week I found my father eating his lunch laying down in bed and his urine bottle ( with urine in it) on his food table. His sheets were dirty as well as his blanket. They had not showered him yet and he has been there for weeks. We had to bring it to the Nursing Directors attention, because although we were told that a complaint was filed, there had not been. The Board of Health is being contacted Monday morning. DO NOT put a loved one here.

November 19, 2012

By jlleighton1

I found the Life Care Center of the Merrimack Valley to be quite a lovely facility. Starting from the outside, it had a nice fresh feeling to it, with landscaped grounds and a well-maintained exterior of the building. Once inside, I found the interior to be just as lovely as the outside. The community areas were nicely furnished, nothing was worn or tattered, and everything had a clean feel to it. The residents were enjoying their meal while we toured, and we were invited to participate in the meal which was wonderful. Speaking with the residents, we heard a few grumbles about the cost of some activities (such as Bingo) and that organized outings were too seldom, but overall everyone had positive things to say about their experiences. The rooms were a good size and there was lots of natural light. We were impressed by our visit and certainly would recommend anyone needing assisted living in the area stop by to visit Life Care Center of the Merrimack Valley themselves.

Nursing Home Reviews for Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

Services and Amenities of Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

About Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley

Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley is a senior living provider in North Billerica, Massachusetts that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley for more details on services and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Merrimack Valley