Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

Reviews of Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

February 12, 2013

By County Boy

I am very familiar with this facility as I've had many friends either reside there for the final years of their life or be Rehab patient following surgery. The staff have been extremely attentive and rarely have I heard a negative word about the place from the people living there. I've noted they are rated as a 5 star facility by Medicare.gov/nhcompare. I've also read their inspection results posted in the corridor and they had no findings at last inspection, which I'm told is not an easy feat. The bulletin board near the cafeteria often has thenk you cards from families expressing their extreme satisfaction with the staff and the care received. The place is always very clean and smells nice, which others cannot say. I know they are the place I want to go to if ever the need arises.

October 11, 2012

By fawnnorth

Upon entering the facility it gave a nice warm inviting feeling. The facility looked very clean and well maintained. It was nice and bright and very colorful. The workers them self appeared to be overworked and possibly not enough staff. Some of the call bells seemed to be going off constantly and not the workers fault if they are overloaded and can't be right there to help the resident but this is also unfair to the resident. Sad to see this. I did experience a male nurses aid speaking rudely to a resident so I was not impressed with that at all! So my overall experience was that the owners are more into what their place looks like rather than their residents and workers needs are.

August 27, 2012

By Totally Appalled

My mother was a skilled patient at the Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center for over two months. After having a stroke, she could not speak and lost all movement on one side. She had family visit anywhere from two to four hours daily. The things we witnessed to our mother and other residents who did not have anyone to advocate for them were unacceptable and inhumane at times (toileting not being done as ordered/needed and resulting in skin breakdown, yeast infections under breasts due to not bathing and drying thoroughly, not swiping mouth after meals, no staff coming into a room to check on resident for up to 4 hours at time, leaving Attends and wipes with feces on them in the garbage for hours at times, not seeking medical attention when family insisted something was wrong, not bathing for 2 weeks, and so on and so on. When concerns were reported to the charge nurses, they were dismissed. When concerns were reported to the Director of Nursing, they were dealt with but then our mother received worse treatment -- almost as if she was being punished for her family reporting incompetent, abusive staff. I would never refer anyone to receive skilled or long-term care from Caribou Rehab and Nursing after the poor and abusive treatment that our mother received not to mention how emotionally draining. If you do have a family member or friend there, I highly recommend that you start visiting and keep a very close eye on everything that goes on in there. There are several people in administrative positions supervising family members and charge nurses who go out with their subordinates in their free time. This seems to have played a role in people not being disciplined when they should be. We have reported them to the State and requested an investigation with licensing and regulations.

Services and Amenities of Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Medicare Provider Number: 205117
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center

Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Caribou, Maine that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center