Manorcare Health Services Waterloo, IA

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services

Nursing Home Reviews for Manorcare Health Services

May 07, 2019

By Janet

Manorcare Health Services is wonderful. They're very responsive and very good with my mother even though she's not compliant and complains a lot. She's not willing to do anything but take her pain pills. They're very good with her. It has a nursing home look. The rooms are nice, but they're not decorated in any way. It's a sterile environment, but the staff is awesome. I have not met a bad aide yet. They keep the same aides on the same wing, so they get to know Mom and Mom gets to know them. They get to know Dad and were very kind to him. They come and feed her. They have an activity room. They play cards and bingo and do lots to keep them busy. She's in the nursing home side and getting some rehab services. I have not seen anything that I wouldn't eat. They're very attentive. I would go in there if I needed to. The facility is older and sterile, but the hallways look really nice. The rooms are pretty sterile, so we're bringing them pictures and things, which they will allow us to do.

Thanks for sharing, Janet! We are glad to hear how happy you have been with your mother's care at our center. Also that you feel our staff are awesome, attentive and have taken the time to get to know your family.

April 12, 2017

By happy269

Awful call light not withIn reach of loved one. Bed left up the air. Roommates TV was always too loud, They made my loved one go out to eat in the dining room because he was an assist of feeding. They said if he didn't get up and go it was up to the family to provide for him. Some nurses were nice and Lydia a 3-11 aide was lovely but overall they are bad

January 27, 2017

By Daughter of Father

My father was in Manor Care and I am so discussed by the cleanliness, nursing care, ability to dispense medicine, let alone their ability to offer any concern or care for the aging. Manorcare NEVER dispensed my father's medicine correctly and we had a hospice nurse working with us. It was a complete nightmare. I was there most of the time, day and night, being his advocate. If I weren't there, my father would have been left for dead. In fact I found my father laying in his urine multiple times and he had a catheter. The room had a broken vent pipe that was leaking feces fumes and maintenance did not have time to repair but knew about it. My father fell 3 times in 4 doors. They could not keep my father safe.

March 17, 2016

By Caring Family Member2

My mom is now at ManorCare Health. We really like it, and she wanted to stay there, but I want her to have her own room because now she is sharing a room. The place is older but clean. She is really happy living there because the staff is taking care really good care of her.

Services and Amenities of Manorcare Health Services

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Manorcare Health Services

Manorcare Health Services is a senior living provider in Waterloo, Iowa that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manorcare Health Services for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services