Magnolia Manor of Columbus

Reviews of Magnolia Manor of Columbus

Assisted Living Reviews for Magnolia Manor of Columbus

November 25, 2016

By John468073

Magnolia Manor of Columbus is great and clean, and people were nice. It seemed like the right fit for my mother. They have activities like lots of trips, and they have singers come in. They also have an outdoor area you can walk in.

June 28, 2016

By Beverly376451

We used Magnolia Manor of Columbus for respite and they were calling us a couple of days after my mother-in-law was there. They just couldn’t handle her is what they said. We were in Orlando and they were calling us to come get her and we had to make arrangements for other family members to pick her up because they were impatient with us getting her and so we weren’t happy. There was one bathroom when I went for the Valentine Party last year that was dirty but I know residents can mess it up quick but other than that, it’s a clean place. They were nice, clean rooms and the price was good.

May 10, 2016

By LouisIQHCJ

We went to Magnolia Manor for my mom. It was a little bit better, more up-to-date, and more spacious than other places I saw but still too small. However, the residents requirement was to be ambulatory. The patient has to walk at least 50 steps, and that wasn’t going to work out for my mom. The staff was excellent, though. I saw a reading room, a very nice garden, and a place to walk in the back. It looked very nice.

May 10, 2016

By JimMKWUM

My visit at Magnolia Manor was great. The layout was good, and I liked that they had the assisted living, memory care, and nursing home all in one facility. What I liked most about the facility was the cost and the atmosphere. The dining area was restaurant-style.

February 23, 2016

By Caring daughter120801850

My overall experience at Magnolia Manor was very good. Unfortunately, I didn’t really get a tour because they do not offer the level of care that my mother needs. It’s not a secure facility, for one thing, which is important for Alzheimer’s patients that may wander, and they don’t assist with feeding, medicating, or that sort of thing. It was not a good fit for my mother. Other than that, the little bit of the facility that I did see looked nice and because it’s located in an older part of town, I didn’t think that it would do. It did not offer the level of care that we needed, but I liked what I saw. I wish that they would offer a unit for Alzheimer’s patients that are further along in their disease. I was impressed with what I did see.

Thank you for visiting. As you discovered, you visited the Personal Care community. I would recommend the Dementia/Alzheimer's care department that is located on our campus in the West building. Please contact us for that information. Again, thank you for your interest in Magnolia Manor of Columbus.Thank you for visiting. As you discovered, you visited the Personal Care community. I would recommend the Dementia/Alzheimer's care department that is located on our campus in the West building. Please contact us for that information. Again, thank you for your interest in Magnolia Manor of Columbus.

February 22, 2016

By Vanesa

The food at Magnolia Manor of Columbus is terrible. The rooms are nice, and I like the way they are set up. The security is good, and the staff is OK. They should improve the quality of their food.

May 12, 2015

By Sandy105675150

Magnolia Manor was a nice place, but I have not toured it as thoroughly as I did the other place I went to. The staff was very helpful. I went there to visit one of my step brothers. It was clean. I would put my mother there.

September 16, 2014

By ptckathy

My mother was admitted to Magnolia Manor in June 2014 for rehab. I could not have been more displeased with the care that she received while she was there. She was never gotten out of the bed and it was very hard to get anyone to come in her room when we needed help. When I would leave she would sometimes lie there for hours waiting for someone after she called the nurses station. Not pleased with the Physician care there either. Did not feel they cared enough to get to know my mothers situation. We eventually ended back at the hospital due to my insistence which was too late for my mom to recover. Overall not a place you want someone you love to be!!!

February 26, 2014

Mother has been in Magnolia Manor since November 2007. They have three facilities. They have assisted living, they have a rehab unit and they have an Alzheimer's unit. We live in Columbus so we knew it and it's affiliated with the United Methodist Church. It just turned out that they were the best for the value. It's all wonderful and there's a central nursing station. There were 4 or 5 wings that laid out like spokes of a wheel that I make it as 40 or 42 units in that facility. It is clean. They're just doing some refining or remodeling. They basically change the carpets in the facility when somebody moves out of it and it's fully staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and then they've got an RN available on the first shifts and they have what they call CNAs.

November 19, 2012

By Ms. Johnson1

Magnolia Manor had friendly staff members, but it also had a foul smell and was more so like a hospice than an assisted living facility. The nursing home provided several activities for the patients such as game and movies nights, singing fests, and church services. However, the overall condition of the facility was poor. The staff appeared to be kind and gentle, but the patients were depressed and seemed to be near death. Several of the patients smelled as if they had not been cleaned properly, and some of the patients had random outbursts of violence. The stench and drab decorations in the facility only added to the dismal appearance of the nursing home. I enjoyed talking with the patients, but I felt sorry for them because of the conditions they had to endure while in the home. My experience in the nursing home made me consider how the elderly were being treated in other nursing homes around the world. While volunteering at Magnolia Manor, I dreaded every day that I had to go in for community service. Although the faculty and some of the patients were kind, the facilities negative outweighed the positive.

April 05, 2012

By NathanW

My great grandfather unfortunately had to spend the last of his days at Magnolia Manor. I can say without a doubt that he could not have been treated worse. The food was of poor quality. The staff was at best unfriendly and at worse neglectful. I can understand why, they seemed constantly understaffed and overworked. On more than one occasion my great grandfather missed his scheduled medications. Worst of all was the stench. The place constantly smelled of harsh cleaning chemicals. It is a completely unacceptable environment for your loved ones. If I could go back in time I would have told my family to do their homework before choosing a place for my great grandfather to stay. They bill themselves as some great assisted living facility but they are more like a bad hospice. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for an assisted living facility in the Valley area to look elsewhere.

January 04, 2012

By Birchfield

I had a friend that was at Magnolia Manor. She was on pain meds and sometimes did not get the meds she was supposed to have. They have CNAs giving the medicine to the residents at the desk. There is only one nurse on duty during the daytime , the supervisor, and one at night. The food is not that good at times and the cleaning of the rooms could be alot better. If I had to go to assisted living I would choose a better place, if I could afford it.

September 30, 2011

By Bella1962

I was very impressed with the quality of care and supervision that my elderly aunt received while she was at Magnolia Manor. She was not quite competent and capable enough to live alone but she still needed some independance as alot of elerly so often do. The staff of Magnolia Manor always kept a watchful eye on her but did not impose on her privacy. The staff often treats the residents as though they were one big family instead of simply residents at an assisted living facility. I remember once when my aunt had to go into the hospital for an illness, one of the staff actually took the time to visit her at the hospital on her day off. You do not find consideration like this in these day and times. The facilty itself is beautifully maintained and very clean. Family is always welcome and often encouraged to visit the residents. Holidays are treated as such and made into a very special time for all who wish to participate. It is my desire that if I ever were to require assisted living for myself, Magnolia Manor is where I would wish to be placed.

August 01, 2011

By Elizabeth B.

My overall experience was not so well, my relative was not recieveing the care that i felt that she should have been given. The facility was under staffed and the nursing assistants seemed to be overwhelmed with workloads. In addition, during meal times i observed where the residents who were not able to feed themselves were being fed either extremely fast or cold food on account of not having enough feeding techs. I feel that when you are providing a service so precious that cares for our family members every extra step should be taken to ensure that the residents are in the best of care.

June 22, 2011

By TinkerEdg

Magnolia Manor is located in Columbus, GA on Warm Springs Road. The overall appearance of the facility was mostly clean and seemingly comfortable. Walking through the facility, however, I noticed the residents seemed somewhat neglected. Upon talking to some of the residents it seemed as though they were not being bathed properly and talked to with harsh (and rather profane) language. I personally know a few employees that worked for the facility as well who confirmed my suspicions of neglect to be true. In my opinion the RN's at the facility are Super. The Certified Nursing Assistants may need more training on how to care for elderly patients with dignity and respect!

Nursing Home Reviews for Magnolia Manor of Columbus

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• About Magnolia Manor of Columbus

IT’S ABOUT LIVING WELL

At Columbus

From the banks of the Chattahoochee, where Piedmont meets the Plain, Magnolia Manor at Columbus offers nurturing retirement care. This multi-faceted community consists of Magnolia Manor East, a 210-bed nursing home, Magnolia Manor West, a 166-bed nursing home, and Magnolia Manor Personal Care, a 44-apartment personal care residence. A memory-care wing provides a home for over 50 residents. Rehabilitative therapy rounds out the services provided on this Magnolia Manor campus. Our versatile staff is equipped to meet our residents’ needs as they transition throughout their golden years.

Campus Activities

Magnolia Manor’s mission is to provide an environment for older adults who need or desire a quality lifestyle that provides for their social, spiritual, mental and physical needs in a secure, safe setting within a loving Christian atmosphere. Our caring staff promotes the Renaissance Initiative by providing an environment for spiritual growth, artistic expression, and physical conditioning. Our events are posted on our monthly activity calendar.

Types of Care

Magnolia Manor Columbus offers a wide range of retirement care options to help residents transition through their golden years. Personal Care is the perfect solution those who need equal amounts of independent and assistance. Our rehabilitative care wing provides a secure and loving environment where individuals can receive quality therapy and excellent medical services so they can recuperate and regain their independence. Skilled nursing care and specialized dementia care complete our continuum of care. As Alzheimer’s or other dementia-related diseases progress, we offer support in the form of education and pastoral counseling. Our trained staff provides hygiene care and three nutritious meals.

Personal Care

We offer a home-like environment to help with the transition adjustment that comes with the aging process.

• Spacious Living Area
    • Emergency Call System
    • Housekeeping Services
    • Fully Prepared Meals
    • Complete Activity Schedule
    • Local Transportation Schedule

Memory Care

Magnolia Manor contributes to healing and wholeness with a comprehensive program, providing physical, social, and spiritual care for our residents suffering from Alzheimer’s or other dementia-related diseases. We maintain a loving safe environment, while preserving dignity and providing quality care.

• Comprehensive Rehabilitative Services
    • Specialized Activities
    • Group and Social Events
    • aregiver Support

Thank you for your interest at Magnolia Manor at Columbus. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Magnolia Manor of Columbus