Charter Senior Living of Buford

Reviews of Charter Senior Living of Buford

Assisted Living Reviews for Charter Senior Living of Buford

December 05, 2014

By Debbie97912450

It is very nice. The room is 13x13ft. She has nice big double window that looks out at the backyard which has a nice covered patio. It has her own bathroom and big double closets. The cost really attracts me. It’s a good price for the service. Unfortunately, she is in memory care so she is limited to the activities that she can do. They take them to a restaurant once a quarter.

July 06, 2013

By Nana9

I was so amazed at how clean every area of the home. The staff was very friendly and so willing to help and answer all questions I had. The individual room were spacious and spotless. All the community areas were beautiful and very welcoming. The outside grounds were beautiful and welcoming. I was very impressed. I enrolled my husband that day.

September 27, 2012

By Tim5

I enjoyed my visit they treated me very frienly and with respect. My friend told me they treat her with respect and help her whenever she request for help, they feed her good food and let her enjoy herself. She said her experience there is much better then what she thought it was going to be. She naturally assumed it was going to be a place like they show on tv. but it was the complete opposite. She enjoys herself there, they allow her social time and ime to call family members and time for friends to visit her. I love everything ive seen and heard about this place, i feel great knowing my friend lives here. She seems happy now then she did before she was in there. She has time for herself and they make sure she takes her medication. She doesnt have to worry about trying to remember to take it. They have done an excellent job taking care of my friend, I would recomend this place for anyone who needs assisted living.

June 22, 2012

By Tim1

I had a great experience because when i got there i had no idea what to expect but after spending time with my friend i realized she was getting excellent care. The staff was very friendly and was rude to my friend. Before going there i thought it was going to be a bad experince because tv shows portray these places in a bad way. My friend was telling me how much she liked having help and how they treat her with respect and care. She said that when she was at her house before coming there she would often forget about taking her medicine but since getting there she hasnt because they make sure to give it to her for her. She said that she hasnt felt this great in 10 years. My honest opinion is that this facility deserves awards because they helped one of my friends feel great and got her spirits up. I have nothing more i can say about this amazing facility and its wonderful staff.

June 12, 2012

By will1

My aunt was here for 2 years and she loved it. She enjoyed the activities they planed for her, and the staff treated her very well. The food was good and she always got her medicine on time. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is skeptical of assisted living.

July 28, 2011

By marysu

My mother was in this facility for the last 3 years of her life. They cared for her during intermediate dementia and broken hip surgery and recovery. The food was good and appropriate for residents' abilities. The social calendar activities inside the facility and field trips were regularly scheduled. There was a pretty garden visible to residents who could not manage to go outside due to health limitations. The staff made available to our family a private room to celebrate our mom's birthday with her special favorite foods we brought in.They kept good records as I got copies of it all after mom died.We are tracking any hereditary features for our family's future generations. Oh, the Director was always amenable to our questions.

Memory Care Reviews for Charter Senior Living of Buford

Questions about Charter Senior Living of Buford

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly training from the Dementia Specialist, as well as internal classes

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Charter Senior Living of Buford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents are between the ages of 75-82 yrs. of age. Definitely BINGO, Exercise class, Wal-Mart & Dollar Tree trips, FOOD, Gardening, Crafts, Singing and Church services are some of our residents favorites activities.

What programs or activities does Charter Senior Living of Buford offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum Life Programming, residents provide input to create a program to enrich the lives of our residents.

What places are near Charter Senior Living of Buford or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Historic Buford

What transportation services does Charter Senior Living of Buford offer to assisted living residents?

Handicap Accessible van for resident programs, transportation to doctor appointments on Wednesday morning within a 15-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Charter Senior Living of Buford exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Excellent dining program, residents have weekly meetings with Chef to discuss the menu for the upcoming week.

What safety features or security measures does Charter Senior Living of Buford offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour care staff

How does Charter Senior Living of Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Quarterly Care plan meetings and Nurse on call 24/7.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Charter Senior Living of Buford during daytime and nighttime hours?

We Operate at and above State Guidelines.

If Charter Senior Living of Buford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are Pet-Friendly and have a lot of outdoor living space for dogs to enjoy on their leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly trainings and in-services to grow and learn.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Charter Daily Path Programming, full-time activities coordinator

What safety features or security measures does Charter Senior Living of Buford provide to protect residents who wander?

We lock doors at 7:30PM. Care Staff will get an alert when a door opens and staff is required to go to that door to check on residents.

What programs or activities does Charter Senior Living of Buford offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Charter offers many tailored programs and activities to keep our residents engaged. We incorporate the expertise of our professional healthcare workers as well as our residents suggestions to help our residents thrive.

Our Health and Wellness Director is a Nurse and will assess at time of moving in – will assess as required by State of Georgia or at the families request.

What techniques does Charter Senior Living of Buford use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We provide structured and scientifically proven techniques to support our memory care residents during mealtimes.

How does Charter Senior Living of Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Regularly scheduled Care Plan meetings with the family and the family is welcome to call our nurse/Staff 24/7.

Describe the neighborhood around Charter Senior Living of Buford. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are nestled in a neighborhood setting, nestled in the woods in a very private area of Buford.

Is Charter Senior Living of Buford affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Dr. Randy Cronic’s office visits here each Monday to see residents upon request. We are also very close to North East Georgia Braselton Hospital and Gwinnett Medical.

Costs for Charter Senior Living of Buford

Photos of Charter Senior Living of Buford

Services and Amenities of Charter Senior Living of Buford

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Charter Senior Living of Buford

Newly known as Charter Senior Living of Buford, we will continue to offer vibrant Assisted Living and exclusive Memory Care lifestyles in Buford, Georgia. At Charter Senior Living of Buford, we believe that personalized care makes a difference in Assisted Living and Memory Care. Because of this, and the knowledge that all residents are unique, we craft care directly to you or a loved one’s individual needs and desires.

We are nestled in a picturesque corner of a prestigious neighborhood next to First Baptist Church and close to the new Buford High School. We take pride in providing quality care to our residents. We are a small, family friendly community and all of our apartments are ground level. We look forward to welcoming you into our Charter family.

Map of Charter Senior Living of Buford