Crescent Point at Niantic

Reviews of Crescent Point at Niantic

Assisted Living Reviews for Crescent Point at Niantic

June 02, 2011

By StrongBug

Friend or relative of resident

I helped to choose where to place my grandmother and unlike a lot of families who don't get involved with their loved ones in assisted living facilities or nursing homes - my mother and I wanted her to be safe and comfortable. The price is $5000 a month, which I feel is grossly injust. Surrounding homes also have high rent so I guess it's normal but it's awful that they put such high prices on places that are so mentally comforting and necessary. They shouldn't just be for people with money. There are activites that are always happening. Some of the aids as so good to my grandmother, they always ask about her if she's sent to the hospital. They aren't supposed to know but they miss her and they get worried. It makes me happy to know that I helped choose a place that makes her feel loved. She still gets frustrated and depressed about her situation. She was a very material person and she misses all of her "things" but whether she calls it a prison or not.. I know that she is safe and cared for. This building is clean and new. When you walk in the front door it's either a fresh scent or dinner. I love that my gram can go in her friends room down the hall, open the window and watch the parades go down main street; from Christmas to 4th of July. I know this stage is hard but I never realized how important assisted living is for someone IN that stage of life. As the granddaughter of someone in this facility, I feel like this was the best chance for her to have quality of life. I needed to seperate her from her movies and tv, and bring her back to people and faces and human interaction. It's important for the human spirit.

Costs for Crescent Point at Niantic

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 8

About Crescent Point at Niantic

Located in East Lyme, Connecticut, Crescent Point at Niantic is a 66-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

Exceptional assisted living services in a residential living environment is the cornerstone of Crescent Point at Niantic. Crescent Point captures the spirit of downtown convenience and accessibility while embracing the neighborhood feel of a front porch and good friends. Open and inviting are just two words one would use to describe this assisted living community. While the environment is spectacular, we believe it's the people who make the difference here.

Our team of compassionate, experienced employees has one mission: to provide quality service to seniors and their families every day. That's what Crescent Point is all about. Welcome to Crescent Point at Niantic!

Home like setting . Location is is on Main Street in town across the street fro the beach.

Map of Crescent Point at Niantic