Crescent Point at Niantic

Crescent Point at Niantic (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Crescent Point at Niantic

Assisted Living Reviews for Crescent Point at Niantic

September 30, 2015

I had visited Crescent Point. I liked the fact that the lighting was very good. The outside walking trail was very nice. I liked the fact that they offered art classes, and I really liked their occupational therapy. Activities outdoors were primarily some gardening, walking, and just enjoying sitting outdoors. Indoors, they had music, painting, craft, and I guess they got to do some baking as well. I thought it was very nice.

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (860-739-9479) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

November 11, 2014

By Patricia101558850

A lot of people are moving out of Crescent Point because they keep raising the rates. They are outrageous for Alzheimer care. Everything is tacked on; it’s not inclusive at all. We were doing up to about $10,000 a month over there and my mother wasn’t getting any activities. Communication was very poor between staff, caregivers, and myself being my mother’s primary care person. They need to start learning how to communicate between staff, the chefs, and so forth. The food was OK. We stopped eating there because we could be better by bringing in food than being charged $12 a person when we went to have dinner with her. They had a revamp and a reorganizing because we’ve had issues.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive and communication with our team at Crescent Point at Niantic, is extremely important to us. Please note that our commitment to quality is reflected in our ongoing training and quality assurance programs. We evaluate and monitor staff performance and community procedures regularly through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feedback helps us accomplish that. We take great pride in the confidence and trust you have placed in our organization and remain committed to our promise to you. Please be assured that our pledge to excellence in care is unwavering.

June 02, 2011

By StrongBug

Friend or relative of resident

I helped to choose where to place my grandmother and unlike a lot of families who don't get involved with their loved ones in assisted living facilities or nursing homes - my mother and I wanted her to be safe and comfortable. The price is $5000 a month, which I feel is grossly injust. Surrounding homes also have high rent so I guess it's normal but it's awful that they put such high prices on places that are so mentally comforting and necessary. They shouldn't just be for people with money. There are activites that are always happening. Some of the aids as so good to my grandmother, they always ask about her if she's sent to the hospital. They aren't supposed to know but they miss her and they get worried. It makes me happy to know that I helped choose a place that makes her feel loved. She still gets frustrated and depressed about her situation. She was a very material person and she misses all of her "things" but whether she calls it a prison or not.. I know that she is safe and cared for. This building is clean and new. When you walk in the front door it's either a fresh scent or dinner. I love that my gram can go in her friends room down the hall, open the window and watch the parades go down main street; from Christmas to 4th of July. I know this stage is hard but I never realized how important assisted living is for someone IN that stage of life. As the granddaughter of someone in this facility, I feel like this was the best chance for her to have quality of life. I needed to seperate her from her movies and tv, and bring her back to people and faces and human interaction. It's important for the human spirit.

Costs for Crescent Point at Niantic

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 8

About Crescent Point at Niantic

Located in East Lyme, Connecticut, Crescent Point at Niantic is a 66-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

Exceptional assisted living services in a residential living environment is the cornerstone of Crescent Point at Niantic. Crescent Point captures the spirit of downtown convenience and accessibility while embracing the neighborhood feel of a front porch and good friends. Open and inviting are just two words one would use to describe this assisted living community. While the environment is spectacular, we believe it's the people who make the difference here.

Our team of compassionate, experienced employees has one mission: to provide quality service to seniors and their families every day. That's what Crescent Point is all about. Welcome to Crescent Point at Niantic!

Home like setting . Location is is on Main Street in town across the street fro the beach.

Map of Crescent Point at Niantic