Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

Reviews of Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

Memory Care Reviews for Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

June 25, 2014

By Byron2

My dad was only at Nazareth Classic Care for a month. I liked that this community was specifically for dementia patients and that they had a 24/7 staff. The staff was very friendly. However, after just a short amount of time, I had problems with them because they didn't seem as attentive as I had hoped they would be. The food that they sent us when we admitted him was different from the food that they had normally. My dad did not like the food. In fact, he lost 20 pounds during the month he was there. They need to improve on making sure that they know where all of their residents are at all times. My father got out and was unaccounted for for about an hour. He crashed his wheelchair and had some extensive injuries, including a fractured neck. He was never the same afterward.

December 27, 2013

Nazareth Classic Care is a pretty good facility. It was an easy transfer for my mom to be right in there because the other place where she was at is related to this one. All they had to do is basically move her there and all the paperwork was just carried over. What I like best about this place is that it is the same price as with the other facility where my mom was. The staff is pretty good. I did try their food and it is okay. Regarding activities, my mom pretty much the only thing she can do is that she can sing, so they do karaoke and stuff like that and that helps her out. She seems to be happy there and that's the bottom-line. They have a lady there that plays the piano and my mom is really happy about that. Most of the ALF is depressing. One thing about Nazareth Care is that it is a two-story structure and they put the patients who are bedridden and farther gone upstairs and the ones that can still get around and converse, they have them downstairs, so it is not as depressing as other facilities. That's important too. My mom can actually talk to somebody and have a conversation there whereas at the other place, they just threw everybody in the same floor.

November 22, 2013

By StillLoving

This was the only facility that gave enough information up front what they could or could not provide and the relating cost. Very cooperative, I needed a private room and while non was available they accommodated our needs by converting a shared room to a private room. Staff is very caring, always help both resident/visitor with a smile. While the facility is an older building it is clean and well kept. The outside, secure green area is inviting with places to sit and enjoy. I brought a shepherd style stake to hang 2 birdfeeders and hope small things like watching the birds will give the residents a little bit of enjoyment.

August 21, 2012

By RioVista

They are fully staffed and the staff are all very helpful. They will let me go see my Mother at any time day or night. They have two floors, upstairs is for the more advanced patents, where they have there own dining room and have someone help feed and care for patients. Everybody is pretty much free to do as they like, they have a little area out back where they are free to walk around. In my opinion they could spend more time with the patients, It seems the staff are very busy. At night they have one employee to take care of the whole floor and that includes all there housecleaning duties getting all people ready for bed. I feel they do not have enough activities for these poor people, and they are all highly medicated to make it easier for staff (that is my opinion). If at all possible the best care for the elderly is at home with family that loves and cares for them, The place is very clean and there is always someone available to help out with any issues.

May 18, 2012

By countrygirl1

While my Mother was in this facility I would go in at different times day and night. They say visiting hours are at certain times, but they were very good about us coming and going. For the first week I stayed every night on a recliner in my Moms room. My Mom had her own room, we were able to bring what ever we wanted of hers to her room. The staff there are all very good. about 150 residents. There are two floors, seems the like the top floor is for the new residents and for ones who needed more care. The food was not very appealing. It seems there are not a lot of activities for them to do. They seem to be able to do as they like, Its safe, clean. Eventually my Mom got better (from the stroke) so we brought her home. Its very sad for I never seen a whole lot of people visiting these people in the home. Very Sad, But as far as my whole experience I feel it's a good place, well staffed, clean facility.

December 22, 2011

By followyeshua

My mother lives here. Good people, very caring and supportive.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Questions about Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

What programs or activities does Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Montessori Moments In Time program allows residents to be as independent as possible, so they are able to make choices and are treated with respect and dignity. Purposeful Living, Individualized Life Engagement, Health and Wellness, Family Connections, Environment.

Our Wellness Coordinator and/or our nurse will assess our residents'. Assessments are done at least twice a year or as needed. If we see a change in the resident, an assessment is completed.

What techniques does Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Menu designed to meet nutritional needs while enhancing independence. Color-contrasting dinnerware that stimulates appetite and aids in depth perception. Sacks that provide healthy nutrition and hydration.

Describe the neighborhood around Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield is in a residential setting. Solano Mall is within 3 miles with many restaurants to choose from. Churches, medical clinics are all within 3 miles. Vacaville Premium Outlet stores are just 10 miles from Parkrose Gardens.

Is Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Parkrose Gardens is within 5 miles of Northbay Medical Center and David Grant Medical Center. Kaiser Hospitals are each located within 10 miles, Vallejo and Vacaville. Sutter Medial Center is located within12 miles .

Costs for Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

Photos of Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

Services and Amenities of Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Pending

• About Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield

At Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield we want to allow our residents as much independence as possible while still understanding that wandering is a dangerous issue for those who need our care. We are a secure community, equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring devices and in-room emergency response systems to ensure that your loved one is safe. In addition to safety, we are true partners with families and medical teams to ensure all our residents’ needs are met.

Our secure, specialized memory care neighborhood offers spacious private suites in a home-like setting, with supervised access to amenities, and care by our highly trained and compassionate staff. Contact us today to learn more about how our exclusive programming can improve the quality of life of your loved one.

Map of Parkrose Gardens of Fairfield