8 Assisted Living Facilities near Follansbee, WV
Also serving communities of Wellsburg.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Follansbee area, with 2 in Follansbee and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Follansbee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Follansbee 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Follansbee, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Follansbee, WV
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Follansbee, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Follansbee
Follansbee is a small city in Brooke County, West Virginia, that's situated along the banks of the Ohio River. The county is home to an estimated 22,200 residents and nearly 25% of the population is aged 65 or older. There are two assisted living facilities in Follansbee that provide residential care to senior citizens, as well as an additional six in surrounding areas.
In Follansbee, and throughout West Virginia, facilities that provide assisted living to seniors are known as either assisted living residences or residential care communities. While both provide a similar level of care, seniors living in residential care communities must be capable of self-preservation should an emergency occur. All assisted living facilities in West Virginia are regulated by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Follansbee
- The Follansbee area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Brooke County Committee on Aging, which provides local resource referrals and a variety of workshops on topics such as finance and nutrition, as well as one senior center.
- Follansbee's weather is seasonal with an average of 28 inches of snow during the winter and average high temperatures of 83 degrees in July; however, the city only gets 165 sunny days per year, which is 51 days less than in the average U.S. city, which may be disappointing for seniors who enjoy spending time in the sunshine.
- Follansbee is a budget-friendly location for senior citizens with an overall cost of living that's 21% less than in the average U.S. city.
- Follansbee's crime rates are low. In fact, the city is safer than 85% of comparable cities in the U.S. Seniors and their loved ones can feel safe knowing there's little chance of becoming a victim of crime in the city.
- Although seniors in West Virginia are required to pay income tax on their retirement income, they are allowed a rather large deductible when filing, which helps to make Follansbee an affordable location for assisted living.
- Follansbee has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Steubenville, OH.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Follansbee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Follansbee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Follansbee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Follansbee
There are no Medicaid waivers or programs in West Virginia that are available to provide financial assistance with the cost of assisted living for seniors living in Follansbee. There isn't an optional state supplement in West Virginia either, but the state does offer a state assistance payment to residents with special needs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Follansbee
Follansbee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Follansbee, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Follansbee
Follansbee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Follansbee, WV
Other Options in Follansbee, WV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Follansbee
Review of Golden Oaks
The staff are caring & kind to my Mother & others. They provide excellent food & the facility is always clean. The staff is professional but make my Mother & our family feel at ho... Read more