2 Assisted Living Facilities in Hamilton, MT
Also serving communities of Stevensville.
The average cost of assisted living in Hamilton is $3,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hamilton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hamilton 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hamilton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hamilton
The small town of Hamilton, population approximately 4,400, is the county seat of Ravalli County and is home to the Ravalli County Museum. Considered one of the best for a town of Hamilton’s size, the museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. Seniors, who make up nearly 25% of the town's population, may enjoy this and other sites before heading home to one of two assisted living facilities in Hamilton.
In the state of Montana, assisted living homes are licensed as Personal Care Homes. The majority house fewer than 20 residents. The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services has governance over these facilities as well as those in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hamilton
- Both violent and property crime rates are higher in Hamilton than the U.S. averages. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being low violent crime, Hamilton ranks 26.7, higher than the U.S. average of 22.7. The city’s property crime rate of 51.9 is significantly higher than the U.S. average of 35.4. Seniors should look for advanced security systems in any assisted living community they’re considering.
- The cost of living in Hamilton is about on par with the U.S. average. Seniors may pay about 5% less for housing and 15% less for utilities, but they may pay about 10% more for groceries.
- The Treasure State is not a tax-friendly one when it comes to retirees. Although Montana is one of five states that doesn't impose a general state sales tax, seniors in Hamilton pay taxes on all forms of retirement income, including Social Security.
- Older adults who feel better when the sun is shining will find only 158 sunny days per year in Hamilton. This is lower than the U.S. average of 205. January’s average low is a chilly 19 degrees, and Hamilton receives about 32 inches of annual snowfall. July’s average summer high is around 84 degrees.
- The Hamilton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hamilton has an array of resources for seniors, including the Senior Center, which offers a lunch program, dance and music lessons, bingo and free internet classes on Center-provided computers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hamilton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Montana
Assisted Living costs in Hamilton start around $3,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hamilton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hamilton
Low-income, Medicaid-eligible seniors in Hamilton who need help paying for assisted residential care may qualify for the Montana Department of Health and Human Services’ Big Sky Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Montana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hamilton
Hamilton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hamilton, please visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hamilton
Hamilton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Montana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Montana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hamilton
Review of Beehive Homes of Hamilton #1
My parent is in the Beehive Homes of Hamilton, and we have been very pleased with the care. Everything is very clean and new. The staff is friendly and seems to handle things professionally. It is ... Read more
Review of Beehive Homes of Hamilton #1
Bee Hive Homes of Hamilton, MT is a brand new place. It's beautiful there. We have reserved a 200 square feet room for my mom. It's a private room with a big carpet bathroom. The facility has call... Read more