6 Assisted Living Facilities near Helena, MT
Also serving communities of Clancy, Boulder, Townsend.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Helena area, with 5 in Helena and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Helena. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Helena 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Helena, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Helena, MT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Helena
Helena, Montana is most known for Last Chance Gulch, a famous site from the Gold Rush era. This historic town steeped in history is home to six assisted living facilities and an additional one nearby. In Helena, and throughout Montana, these facilities are held accountable by the Montana Department of Health & Human Servicess, which ensures the standards and regulations of these communities are being met.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Helena
- Helena’s cost of living is 4.8 percent higher than the national average, which could be a stretch for seniors on a very tight budget.
- While violent crime in Helena at 32.9 out of 100 (1 being the safest) is just barely above the national average of 31.1, property crime; however, is much higher at 46.8 which could make some seniors feel insecure in this area.
- Seniors can comfortably explore the lush landscape in the summer thanks to July's high of 85 degrees. With such beautiful scenery and gentle summer months, seniors may be willing to brave the January low average of 14 degrees with 37 inches of annual snowfall.
- While the American Lung Association gave Lewis & Clark County an excellent Ozone score of A, their Particle Pollution 24-hour score was an F. This polluted air can cause inflammation in the lungs and adversely affect seniors with a respiratory illness or asthma.
- Seniors in Helena can try many unique experiences such as a dip in the soothing waters of the historic Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa. Others may enjoy socializing and bowling in the Senior Leagues at Sleeping Giant Lanes Bowling Alley.
- The Helena area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Peter’s Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Helena
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Montana
Assisted Living costs in Helena start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Helena and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Helena
The state of Montana has two options for low-income residents under its Medicaid plan. Medicaid recipients are entitled to assisted living coverage through the Community First Choice/Personal Assistance Programs and may be eligible for the Montana Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Montana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Helena
Helena and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Helena, please visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Helena
Helena-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Montana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Montana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Helena
Review of Son Heaven Assisted Living II
My mom moved into Son Heaven Assisted Living. So far, she really likes it. I like that the assistant manager is extremely willing to help with any questions we have. If she doesn't make it to the d... Read more
Review of Touchmark (Saddle Dr)
They over sell how great their facility is, but don't deliver on what they sell. Rent increases, services and staff cuts. Residence have to continually ask to have additional services fulfilled tha... Read more
Review of BeeHive Homes of Helena
Best care team of caregivers you can get. I have never heard one complaint from my wonderful friend who resides at Beehive. Home like setting and family like care! Managers are on top of all thing... Read more