4 Assisted Living Facilities near Columbia Falls, MT
Also serving communities of Whitefish.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Columbia Falls area, with 2 in Columbia Falls and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Columbia Falls is $3,210 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Kalispell with an average starting cost of $2,935.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Columbia Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Columbia Falls 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kalispell with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Columbia Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Columbia Falls, MT
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Columbia Falls, MT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Columbia Falls
Columbia Falls is a gateway to Glacier National Park with a variety of local amenities and attractions for seniors, including unique, locally owned shops, a brewery, restaurants and a popular farmers market. Of the city's 5,600 residents, it's projected that about 18% are age 65 and over.
To accommodate these seniors, Columbia Falls has two assisted living facilities, and there are two more in the nearby cities of Whitefish and Kalispell. Like all assisted living facilities in the state, these facilities are categorized depending on the level of care they provide, and they are licensed by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Columbia Falls
- Social Security benefits in Columbia Falls are subject to state income tax, but seniors whose income is below a certain amount are eligible for a deduction. All other income is taxed at the regular rate, which could affect how much money can be budgeted for care expenses.
- Overall, living expenses in Columbia Falls are about 6% higher than the national average, mainly due to the relatively high cost of real estate. This may result in higher-than-average assisted living costs and could be a concern for seniors with limited means.
- On a 100-point crime index, Columbia Falls' property crime rate is about three points higher than the national median, indicating slightly more property-related crime than in an average U.S. city. However, the violent crime rate is about 10 points lower, which may make it a good option for seniors who want to live in a safe community for their retirement years.
- Compared to the rest of Montana, Columbia Falls' weather is relatively cool. Year-round temperatures range between 16 degrees and 81 degrees, with three months with highs in the 70 to 85 degree range. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that provides indoor activities that interest them during the colder months.
- Columbia Falls' air quality is rated about 20 points higher than the national average of 58, which may make it an attractive option for seniors who have cardiovascular disease or a respiratory condition.
- The Columbia Falls area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Whitefish.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Columbia Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Montana
Assisted Living costs in Columbia Falls start around $3,210 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Columbia Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Columbia Falls
Assisted living services for qualifying seniors age 65 and over are covered by the Montana Medicaid Big Sky 1915(c) Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Montana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Columbia Falls
Columbia Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Columbia Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Columbia Falls
Columbia Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Montana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Montana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Columbia Falls
Review of Beehive Homes of Columbia Falls
I was at Bee Hive. It was a private room situation. They had 30 residents and assigned sitting during meals. They did not provide transportation to doctors' appointments, so that was a problem beca... Read more
Review of Beehive Homes of Columbia Falls
Beehive Homes Assisted Living Center in Columbia Falls is a decent assisted living facility, successful enough to have just opened second building about six months ago. As such, the facilities are ... Read more