2 Assisted Living Facilities in Thief River Falls, MN
Also serving communities of Red Lake Falls, Karlstad.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thief River Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thief River Falls 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thief River Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thief River Falls
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, lies in Pennington County, Minnesota, and seniors who love wildlife can visit the nearby Agassiz National Wildlife Refuge to view deer, grouse and other animals. Seniors aged 65 and over make up more than 20% of the town's population of 8,800 or more. To accommodate aging citizens who need help with daily tasks, there are two assisted living facilities in the city, and they are governed by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thief River Falls
- Minnesota partially taxes Social Security benefits and fully taxes other retirement income. Seniors moving here from another state with a senior-friendly tax code may want to consider this before moving to Thief River Falls.
- The cost of living is much more affordable than the state average of 106 or the national average of 100. This is due largely to the lower price of homes and transportation. Seniors may also save money on healthcare in Thief River Falls.
- The air quality in Thief River Falls is 79, 21 points above the national average, according to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment Measures. This is good news for seniors with respiratory conditions aggravated by pollution.
- Summer is the best time to be in Thief River Falls, and July highs average 81 degrees. Meanwhile, January average lows are -7 degrees and the area receives 41 inches of snow, which may be a challenge to seniors who use walkers or wheelchairs. There are 193 sunny days in the city, 12 less than the U.S. average.
- Thief River Falls' violent crime rate is 13.4, compared to the U.S. average of 22.7, while the town's property crime rate is 36.7, slightly higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may want to find out the security measures in place at assisted living facilities they tour and take care to guard their belongs while running errands in town.
- The Thief River Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sanford Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thief River Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Thief River Falls start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thief River Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thief River Falls
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thief River Falls
Thief River Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thief River Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thief River Falls
Thief River Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Thief River Falls, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thief River Falls
Review of Valley Home
My mom is a resident of Valley Home. Absolutely every one of their personnel I have met seem to be very caring and genuinely concerned about their residents well-being. They have always seemed to... Read more
Review of Valley Home
Staff is friendly and helpful. Most of rooms are one room; there are a few apartments. Dining area is sunny. They should add wireless, some more variety at meals such as yogurt, more fresh fruit an... Read more