4 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseau, MN
Also serving communities of Greenbush.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Roseau. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Roseau 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Roseau, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseau, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roseau
Roseau is known as Minnesota's North Star City and is located close to the Canadian border. More than 2,600 people call Roseau home and more than 17% are aged 65 and over. Seniors retiring to the area can join an active community that boasts many clubs, including fishing and craft groups. It also hosts theater productions, a concert series and the Roseau County Fair. Roseau also has four assisted living facilities that cater to the senior population. These are licensed and monitored by Minnesota's Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roseau
- Paul Bunyan Transit offers public transport services in the city of Roseau. The service runs within a 4-mile radius of the city center. Passengers aged 60 and over receive discounted affairs.
- The Roseau area is home to world-class medical facilities, including LifeCare Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who prefer warm weather may find Roseau's harsh winters challenging. The average low in January is -6 and the city gets 41 inches of snow each year, 13 inches more than the national average. Summers are mild, with an average high in July of 78 degrees.
- The overall cost of living in Roseau is rated 82.6 according to the Sperling index, almost 18 points lower than the U.S. average. Healthcare in the town is rated at 86.7, almost 14 points lower than the national average, which may help seniors with regular health expenses put more money towards their assisted living budget.
- Seniors concerned for their safety may appreciate Roseau's low violent crime rate. The Sperling index rates crime on a scale of 1-100 and rates Roseau's violent crime rate at 6.9, compared to Minnesota's rate of 15.7. Property crime in the town is higher, rated at 33.7, slightly higher than the state rate of 33.2.
- In Minnesota, all retirement income is taxed, including money from social security, retirement savings accounts and pensions. Sales taxes in the state are high, but everyday expenses like groceries and medications are exempt, which may keep costs down for seniors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roseau
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Roseau start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roseau and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roseau
Financial assistance may be available to residents of assisted living facilities in Roseau through the Elderly Waiver. The Optional State Supplement may also be available to Social Security Income recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roseau
Roseau and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Roseau, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roseau
Roseau-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Roseau, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Roseau
Review of Oak Crest Senior Housing
Oakcrest assisted living is a wonderful place to live. As you approach the building from the road, it is situated with a gold course around it. The view from many of the rooms overlooks this beauti... Read more