3 Assisted Living Facilities near Arlington, MN
Also serving communities of Gaylord.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arlington area, with 2 in Arlington and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Arlington 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include St Peter with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arlington, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Arlington, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arlington
Arlington was officially named at a town meeting held on May 11, 1858, the same day that Minnesota became a state. It's a small city, home to just over 2,200 people in the 2010 census, and 17 percent of the residents are over 65 years old. There are two assisted living facilities catering to the city's senior population, and a further 13 can be found in nearby communities including Gaylord, Lafayette and Belle Plaine. These facilities are licensed and monitored by the Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arlington
Trailblazer Transit provides a dial-a-ride service to residents of Arlington's Sibley County. This is a door-to-door service that may benefit seniors with limited mobility.
- All forms of retirement income are subject to income tax in Minnesota, including Social Security, pensions and retirement account income. In addition, sales taxes are relatively high, so seniors in the state may have a high tax bill.
- Winters in Arlington can be very cold, with January lows averaging just 5 degrees Fahrenheit. The city also gets around 43 inches of snow each year, compared to the national average of 26. This may be difficult for seniors who don't enjoy frigid winters.
- The Sperling index rates Arlington's overall cost of living at 96, four points lower than the national average. Seniors can save money on groceries and healthcare, both coming in more than seven points lower than the U.S. average, but transportation costs can be pricey compared to the state and national averages.
- The Arlington area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Glencoe.
- The Sperling crime index ranks crime rates on a scale of 1-100, with one being low crime. Arlington's violent crime rate is 47.5, significantly higher than the state ranking of 22.6. Property crime is also high, with a ranking of 44.5, 12 points higher than the state ranking. Safety-conscious seniors may not feel comfortable in a city with these high crime rates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Arlington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arlington
Seniors who receive income from Social Security may be eligible for additional funding through Minnesota's Optional State Supplement. The Elderly Waiver also provides financial assistance to residents aged 65 or older who require a certain level of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arlington
Arlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arlington, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arlington
Arlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Arlington, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arlington
Review of Golden Hearts
Golden Hearts has all private rooms with 16 beds; eight rooms share a bathroom, and eight rooms have private bathrooms. It was very homey. They are much larger than other private rooms that I've se... Read more
Review of Golden Hearts
Our family was very pleased with the special tender loving care my father received in the year that he lived at your facility. Each of the care givers and the owners developed a special relationsh... Read more