The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Lake City, MI for 2024
Also serving communities of Houghton Lake, Houghton Lake.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake City area, with 2 in Lake City and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake City. Better rated regions include Cadillac with an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake City, call (855) 948-3865.
What you can do with Caring
Curry House Assisted Living and Memory Care
5858 South 47 Road, Cadillac, MI, 49601
"Curry House Assisted Living and Memory Care is a nice place. It's very organized and neat. The only thing that I liked least was the mask mandate. The employees were all very kind and very informative. They've got a lot of good things going there lik..."READ MORE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake City
Lake City is a small city on the shores of Lake Missaukee. The city is home to an estimated 5,131 residents. More than 26% of its population is made up of seniors aged 65 and older, some of whom require long-term assisted living care.
There are three assisted living facilities in Lake City that provide full-time care to seniors who need it. These facilities, known officially as homes for the aged, are licensed and monitored by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and must operate within strict regulations that are set forth by the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake City
- Seniors who have limited funds to pay for their healthcare and assisted living costs may find that Lake City is an affordable option. The overall cost of living in the city is nearly 20% below the national average.
- Seniors looking for assisted living in Lake City should ensure the facility they choose offers plenty of indoor activities and amenities that they can access during the cold winter months. The city gets an average of 69 inches of snow each year.
- Seniors in Lake City can breathe the air without concern for adverse health effects. The city's air quality is rated 87 on a scale of one to 100, which is 29 points higher than in the average U.S. city.
- While the property crime rate in Lake City is slightly above the national average, the violent crime rate is less than half that of the average U.S. city. Even so, it's important to find an assisted living facility that takes resident safety and security seriously.
- The Lake City area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Missaukee County Commission on Aging, which preserves and protects the dignity and quality of life of seniors in the area through its healthcare, information and personal support programs, as well as one senior center
- The Lake City area has few facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Cadillac.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake City
Assisted Living costs in Lake City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Cities in Michigan
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake City
Seniors living in Lake City can apply for financial assistance with the cost of assisted living care from the state Medicaid system, which may help to pay for the cost of care. While the plan doesn't cover room-and-board costs, the state's Optional State Supplement is available to seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income and can be used to pay for costs that aren't covered under Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake City
Lake City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake City, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake City
Lake City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.