2 Assisted Living Facilities in Summerville, GA
Also serving communities of Trenton.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Summerville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Summerville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rome with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Summerville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Summerville
Summerville is a small town in the northwestern part of the state of Georgia. Home of renowned folk artist Howard Finster, the city attracts seniors and others interested in art from all over the United States.
Seniors who like Summerville and who require help with daily living tasks will find five assisted living facilities in the area. Also referred to as Assisted Living Communities (ALCs), these homes are regulated by the Georgia Department of Health Services and they provide room and board, meals and medication administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Summerville
- The Chattooga County Transit System provides four transit buses for a variety of commuting needs for seniors, including medical appointments, groceries, errands and outings. This service is available at a discount rate throughout the Summerville area.
- Senior residents who live in Summerville and throughout the state do not pay tax on Social Security benefits. The state also provides a deduction of $65,000 per person for all types of retirement income and there is no state inheritance or estate tax.
- The city of Summerville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rome.
- The cost of living index in Summerville is 77.8, which is lower than the state average of 100 and the national average of 100. Seniors paying for assisted living on a budget may find it easy to live within their means in the city.
- Crime in Summerville is ranked on a scale from one to 100 with 100 being the highest. Violent crime is ranked 46.4 and property crime is ranked 40.1, which are both higher than the national average of 31.1 and 38.1 respectively. Seniors living in assisted living should inquire about the security measures to ensure their safety.
- Seniors who have a hard time with extreme heat may prefer to stay indoors in the summer in Summerville. July highs are around 90 degrees. January average lows drop just below freezing and the city only gets around an inch of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Summerville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Summerville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Summerville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Summerville
The state of Georgia has two Medicaid waiver programs for seniors who need financial assistance to pay for assisted living in Summerville. These waivers include the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) program. Seniors who receive Social Security Income (SSI) benefits and low-income individuals may qualify for the waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Summerville
Summerville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Summerville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Summerville
Summerville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Summerville
Review of Oakview Health and Rehabilitation
The Oak View facility is a combined facility with both a nursing home portion and an assisted living portion. Ironically they are two sides of a coin, with the assisted living portion being quite n... Read more