2 Assisted Living Facilities near Ocilla, GA
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ocilla area, with 1 in Ocilla and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ocilla. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ocilla 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Douglas with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ocilla, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Ocilla, GA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Ocilla, GA
Other Options in Ocilla, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ocilla
Review of Heritage Care Home
My mother was in this facility. The care for her was good. Activities were lacking as a whole, but in fairness, most of the residents would not have been able to participate unless they had one-o... Read more
Review of Heritage Care Home
The staff at this nursing home was absolutely great! The nurses and aids were all very nice and helpful. However, the maintenance needs improving. I say this because when I visited my great aunt la... Read more
Assisted Living near Irwin County, GA
More Options Near Ocilla, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ocilla
Known as one of the best places to retire in southern Georgia, Ocilla is a small city approximately 20 miles east of Tifton. Nearly 18 percent of the 3,455 residents is over the age of 62. To accommodate this population, there is one assisted living facility within the city limits and nine in nearby Tifton. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, assisted living facilities in Ocilla include communities with 25 or more or personal care homes that accommodate two or msore. Both types provide individual assistance with medication administration, grooming and other daily grooming tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ocilla
- The Ocilla area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Irwin County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The city of Ocilla has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Georgia Council on Aging, an organization that provides resources for seniors in the area, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Irwin County Senior Center provides transportation for seniors to and from the facility. The center also offers rides to and from scheduled events.
- Seniors in Ocilla have a one in 26 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. The city is safer than 18 percent of all cities within the United States. For seniors who enjoy getting out to explore the city, it may be best to go in pairs or with a group.
- Ocilla has a cost of living of 73.7, which is much lower than the state and the national average of 100. This may make it easier for seniors on a budget to manage their money.
- For seniors who enjoy warmer temperatures, Ocilla has an average summer high of around 93 degrees, and January lows are around 38. The city rarely gets any snow but gets approximately 47 inches of rain per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ocilla
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Ocilla start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ocilla and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ocilla
Public financing is available for seniors who qualify for assistance paying for an assisted living facility through the State Medicaid Waiver Program. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is for individuals who are over the age of 60, eligible for Medicaid and requires a degree of personal care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for those 65 and older who need daily nursing-home-level care. Seniors are eligible for one or both programs, but neither pay for private rooms. Family supplementation is permitted for those who prefer private quarters.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ocilla
Ocilla and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ocilla, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ocilla
Ocilla-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.