3 Assisted Living Facilities near Cordele, GA
Also serving communities of Vienna, Rochelle, Abbeville.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cordele area, with 2 in Cordele and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cordele, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cordele, GA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Cordele, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cordele
The small city of Cordele is nestled in Crisp County, about midway between Atlanta and the Florida state line, where it’s home to nearly 11,000 people. Over 13 percent of these residents are senior citizens, and for those in need of help with activities of daily living, like meals, housekeeping, bathing and medication management, there are three assisted living facilities in the Cordele area. Licensed and regulated by the Department of Community Health, these facilities ensure seniors get the help the need to maintain their quality of life.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cordele
- The city, which calls itself the “Watermelon Capital of the World,” hosts an annual watermelon festival. Other arts and cultural attractions include the Crisp Motorsports Park and Georgia Veterans State Park.
- Social Security retirement benefits are exempt from income tax in Georgia. Cordele seniors may also qualify for a retirement exclusion from state income tax.
- Cordele has a high crime rate, and it’s more dangerous than 97 percent of American cities. Residents have a one in 17 chance of becoming a victim of a crime. Seniors who are considering a move to Cordele may want to keep these figures in mind.
- This southern community has a more comfortable year-round climate than the national average. Cordele experiences mild winters, with lows in the 30s, and an average of 0 inches of snow per year. This may be an important consideration for seniors who are relocating from colder regions.
- In Cordele, the cost of living is 23 percent lower than the national average. This is driven by lower housing and transportation costs. Cordele is also affordable when compared to the statewide cost of living.
- Crisp Area Regional Transit serves Cordele and other locations in Crisp County. This appointment-only service operates on weekdays and will pick seniors up at their location of choice.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cordele
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Cordele start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cordele and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cordele
Georgia offers a Medicaid waiver program, the Community Care Services Program (CCSP), that may help seniors pay for the costs of care in assisted living facilities. This program may provide funding to seniors who are Medicaid-eligible and need the level of care provided by nursing homes.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cordele
Cordele and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cordele, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cordele
Cordele-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.