4 Assisted Living Facilities near Brush, CO
Also serving communities of Akron.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brush area, with 2 in Brush and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brush is $2,870 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brush. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brush 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brush, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Brush, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brush
Brush, Colorado, has been recognized by the National Civic League as an All-America small-town, meaning it is a community where citizens from all backgrounds come together and act to solve local problems. Of the town's more than 5,000 residents, nearly 17 percent are aged 65 or older.
Seniors who choose an assisted living facility in Brush join a community with historical landmarks, low crime and beautiful parks. There are two assisted living facilities in Brush and two more in the neighboring city of Fort Morgan. Colorado's Department of Public Health and Environment licenses these facilities as Assisted Living Residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brush
- Brush's relatively low living costs may help seniors stretch their money further. Brush's cost of living is 16 percent below the U.S. average and 48 percent below the Colorado state average.
- Colorado's tax laws have pros and cons for seniors living in Brush. Social Security and other retirement income is taxable; however, people 55 and older get a generous deduction, which increases when they turn 65.
- Assisted living residences in Brush may organize outings for residents. These could include shopping, taking in a movie at the historic Sands Theatre, strolling through a local park, or perusing exhibits at the Brush Area Museum & Cultural Center.
- Brush's extreme seasonal temperatures may limit how much time seniors want to spend outside. January is the coldest month, with an average low of 13, and July is the hottest month, with an average high of 91.
- The Brush area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The East Morgan County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brush is generally considered a safe town for seniors, with an overall crime rate below the U.S. median. On a scale of one to 100, where 100 is highest, Brush has a violent crime rate of 28.5 and a property crime rate of 25.2. The national averages are 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brush
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Brush start around $2,870 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brush and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brush
Colorado provides an Optional State Supplement for seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income. Low-income seniors in Brush may also be eligible for one of Colorado's two Medicaid waivers if they meet all the state's criteria. The waivers are known as the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Community Mental Health Supports and the Elderly, Blind and Disabled Waiver. Not all assisted living residences accept the waivers, so it's important to ask whether a potential facility is certified to receive Medicaid reimbursement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brush
Brush and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brush, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brush
Brush-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brush
Review of Sunset Manor
Staff are rude and disrespectful to the residents. They do not care about then at all. Read more
Review of Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center
My grandmother was in assisted living at Eben Ezer then moved to their skilled nursing home. The care she received was amazing. The staff were so kind and caring. It was close enough for family to ... Read more