Thunderbird Senior Living

Reviews of Thunderbird Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Thunderbird Senior Living

December 25, 2015

By Susan114458550

The staff at Thunderbird Senior Living was wonderful. They are renovating their place, so I’m sure it’s going to turn up real nice. The rooms are nice and big. I really like the staff there; they were amazing, but it’s just too far from where I live. My mom was in the independent living part when she was there, and they have a lot of activities going on. My mom wasn’t so pleased with the food, and she waited a really long time for her food to be served. But their breakfast was amazing; they have a lot to offer. I would love to go back and see what they’ve done after the renovation because it looks like it will be really nice.

July 29, 2015

By guitargirl

My Father has lived here for about 7 years. In that time things have gone from pretty good to pretty bad. There was a huge change as of the beginning of 2015 when a new ownership happened. Food is my biggest issue. My Father has refused to eat in the dining room anymore because he finds all the food to be pretty bad and since I used to eat at least 1 -2 meals a week here, I completely agree. The selection is limited and if you don]t like the entree, there is not much else to choose from. Originally we probably had 20 every day items to choose from which meant you could always find something you liked. Now if you don't like the choice of three entrees, ( one of which is called the "chefs choice" and the residents have to ask what it is,)you are pretty much out of luck. You used to be able to get fresh fruit at every lunch or dinner, now you can only get fruit at breakfast....if they have it. Selections if you are diabetic are awful. The sugarless desserts are really bad. There are very few employees to help residents. I get the impression EVERY time I make a request on behalf of my Dad, that its an imposition for them to help. There are one or two associates here, who are very kind, but most come across as aloof. Of course this is after the smooge job they give you to get you to move in, in the first place. They have been in the process of remodeling for half a year after a terrible flood last year. They still haven't ripped out the carpet in the dining room. Who knows when they will. I think they never really look around the place. There has been a 2 inch cockroach and a thousand other bugs, in the ceiling above one of the elevators for several years. Good lord, do they never look up?? The pond is green and you cant see the fish, ( if they arent dead by now) because of the murk. We are looking for a new place to live and I cant wait to get him moved.

May 25, 2015

By John107751850

Thunderbird Senior Living was very good. I really liked the place. The rooms were modern and clean. I had lunch there, and the food was fine. The people were polite.

March 07, 2015

By Joan102991150

I was excited for mom. I thought I would like Thunderbird, and I knew it would take an adjustment, but the people that I met and talked to (about three of them) were very pleased with living there and said mom would be happy there. It was very attractive, and the people were really pleased. The room mom got had a private bath -- not all rooms have a private bath -- for $2,200, it was perfect, and she seemed pretty excited about it until we got home, when she decided she wouldn't like living with those people, which isn't unusual. I thought this is the place that I would like to be if I would have to be in an assisted living home.

January 08, 2015

By unhappy123

This is not a place for an elderly person to live that does not have direct supervision from family. They walk into your room unexpectedly and claim they got an emergency call from the room multiple times. Very Over Priced for small area to live never used kitchen in a year too hard to get around. They don't try to assist the people living there in difficult situations and many other things . Not worth the effort or half the price. Use to be much better 10 plus years ago.

October 16, 2014

Dad is in Thunderbird Retirement Resort. I like that it’s not the most expensive and fanciest place in the world, but it’s not the worst place either. They have activities. They have a dining room. They have transportation. They have doctors. The hospital is across the street.

September 30, 2014

Thunderbird Retirement Resort was fantastic. It was a beautiful facility The people were very nice. They would work with you. They took their time with the residents. They gave the residents some safety necklaces to push if there's an emergency. They do checks at night to make sure that the residents were inside. They placed a little magnet outside the door that told them they were inside for the night. If it wasn't there on a certain time, they will knock on the door. Then, if there was no response, they would enter to make sure that the clients were okay. The apartments were spacious. The grounds were very well manicured. They had walking trails, a pond, multiple shaded seated areas, a pool, and grills. It really was fantastic. We had lunch there and they had chef gourmet prepared meals. There were many choices and had lots of food that was nutritious and tasted good.

June 30, 2014

By Darrell3

Dad was set up in Thunderbird Retirement a couple of months ago. It's a nice place. It's not very affordable, but it's something within my means, and my dad is doing pretty well. The sanitation is very good. I've heard some complaints about the service. It always involves rookies or young people who don't really appreciate what's at hand. Other than that, I'm very satisfied. His room is excellent. It's clean, and it's almost brand new. The shower accessibility is excellent. I couldn't have asked for anything better. My dad doesn't participate in activities because he's got bad dementia. I like the location, the price, and they have Bayada that helps us with his care at a very good price. The food is excellent. I'm not satisfied with the cafeteria help and am not satisfied with the secondary help scheduling.

August 13, 2013

By Frequent Flyer

My parent lives in the Independent Living section but needs some assistance with several activities like bathing, and supervised walking. Generally the extra care (fee for service, in-house home care) provided is good and on time. When the regular providers (paid care workers thru the facilities' in-house home care agency) are not available, the new person is often reticent to jump right into the assigned tasks or untrained to do simple tasks like shaving. Also, they send new people to provide supervised walking all the time and the scheduled minutes are reduced to by 5-10 minutes without explanation. The Dining Room is outstanding and the food is portioned properly, menu choices and daily specials are plentiful and consistently prepared well. Overall the facility is maintained very well in the public areas, and the house repair staff is very responsive to requests for repair or replacement of equipment within individual apartments. Planned Activities are also plentiful, varied, advertised and promoted well and in effective places, and appeal to a wide variety of tastes and interests. Having regularly scheduled transportation in adapted buses, vans and vehicles to regular events and appointments is also readily available. Thunderbird is also very proactive about scheduling live performances or activities for residents to come together in big groups, i.e. dances, live concerts, etc., and their holiday decorations and activities are outstanding. They also schedule outside speakers for issues of interests specifically for seniors like Estate Planning, Advanced Directives, V.A. and Medicare/Medicaid benefits and program changes.

July 25, 2013

By Diana15

Thunderbird Retirement Resort can be assisted or independent living and I believe they now have a hospice area as well. The staff there was very good. The rooms in the ground were very nice. What I like about this community was the outdoors and the different areas that your place could look out at or you could sit and look at either little waterfalls or the pool. I also saw their dining room and it was pretty spacious. We ate lunch there and the food didn't taste tasty, but I do know they cook for people with medical issues, e.g., diabetes, etc.

June 12, 2013

By Tina10

I'm moving to Thunderbird Retirement Resort. It's an independent living facility with some extra assistance. You are not paying for the services you don't need, but only the ones that you do need. The services I included during my stay are housekeeping, help in taking showers, and someone would accompany me when I want to go places because my walking is not sound. They will also be handling my medicines. I chose this place because they waived their one-time community fee, which made it possible for me to get in there. The residents there have all good things to say about the place. The foods are also prepared by a chef with excellent credentials. He was a chef who worked in Hawaii for years before going to retirement facilities. He does all the cooking. This was very important to me.

Independent Living Reviews for Thunderbird Senior Living

June 28, 2016

By Rudolf016141

We settled on Thunderbird, and we like the amenities and the whole general look and layout of the place. They have two meals a day. The gardens around it are very nice. The room sizes are to our liking, especially the two-bedroom unit. Just based on the tour, we thought it was a very good place. It's on the top of the list.

November 11, 2014

By Bobdye

Thunderbird Retirement was very clean, the halls were clean and everything, and the grounds are very nice and beautiful. The restaurant is great; you choose from a menu. I had lunch there, and it was really very good. Everybody that I took there -- my son, my sister, and a friend who know me very well -- they all like the place and thought I would be very happy there. They have a lot of different classes that I want to take advantage of.

October 23, 2014

By marianneskids

My sister and I looked at many and visited 3 centers looking for one that would be the right fit for our parents. As soon as we walked into Thunderbird, we were impressed with the warm atmosphere. Many people were in the lounge as you walk in, and they were talking, walking, reading newspapers and having fun. They also have many activities for the residents to do, and my parents have since moved in and joined some groups. Their apartment there is very spacious and the meals are wonderful. (We can eat with them for a small fee!) We always feel very welcome when we visit our parents. Thunderbird will also listen to suggestions and will implement classes and outings if residents want to do something. Also, the grounds are very beautiful and well-kept. There is one hall that is dedicated to assisted living, so some day, if needed, our parents can go to that portion of the retirement center.

August 27, 2014

By Cathy75903650

I had a friend who lived at Thunderbird Retirement Resort. We didn't get to see her that day, but it was a very nice place. We were there for a seminar about widows' benefits from Veterans and we ended up taking the tour to see what it was like. It was very appealing and they had a very nice dining room where you ordered from a menu, it wasn't a fix menu, and they didn't even charge us, which was extra nice. It was a very nice place, they were very friendly people, and the rooms were fairly large. They had out of the building activities and a lot of different craft activities. My friend actually left there and went someplace else, but she came back, so what does that tell you? It is a nice place, she has a nice apartment, and she is very happy there. The food was very good. It seemed like a congenial place to be in. The few staff people that we spoke with were very nice and gave us information. The fact that we were not there to look at it, but we did look at it, made it even nicer because we did not expect it to be that nice.

June 27, 2014

My mom moved to Thunderbird Retirement Resort. I moved her in there because it's just right across the street from where I live. The cost was also much better than other places for everything they have. The staff are excellent, and they know everybody there. The staff has been there a long time. The rooms are very nice. They also offer meals there.

June 19, 2014

We moved into Thunderbird Retirement Resort. We've been here for three weeks now, and so far we like it and we have no complaints. We are very pleased with this facility. The food has been good so far. We actually like the location because it's near to my oncologist. They have a good location and good price. They have quite a few activities, although we just haven’t been able to take advantage of them because we are still busy moving out of our other house. The staff here are all very friendly. I haven’t had a bad situation with any of them.

June 28, 2013

By Andrea9

Our parents have moved to Thunderbird Retirement Resort and my brother and I are extremely happy that all units come with a life alert button and they have a system of checking on their residents that is none invasive. They are extremely involved. Safety and help is a priority. Their location is very close to doctor's offices and hospitals which is almost directly across the street

Costs for Thunderbird Senior Living

Photos of Thunderbird Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Thunderbird Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: Independent Living: 55; Assisted Living & Memory Care: 65

• State Licenses: 10301C

About Thunderbird Senior Living

Everywhere you look at Thunderbird Senior Living you'll see folks enjoying life together in an atmosphere that allows them to live their lives in their style. We understand that today’s seniors want choices and are leading a far more active lifestyle than generations before. We invite you to put us to the test and explore the options at Thunderbird.

Choose from two independent living plans or convenient on-site assisted living services. Residences range from studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom suites in a lush courtyard setting, and we offer a full schedule of events and self-enriching mind and body fitness classes. It’s all part of our culture of personal choice and you can have it all in Thunderbird's straightforward rental model.

Map of Thunderbird Senior Living