Victoria Place

Reviews of Victoria Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Victoria Place

March 27, 2014

By caring030312

I would describe Victoria House as very adequate, but it does not have all the amenities the other place has. It's a very small place, very limited on what they can do. It's seemed to be fairly nice, but more or less a scaled down type of place compared to others. I thought the accommodations were a little bit small. I didn’t check the food, but the menu seemed limited. They have a very good nurse there. The manager seemed to be a very good person, too.

July 27, 2012

By VHgroupy

My mother was a resident for almost 3 years, but in recent months had broken her hip & went to nursing home for 3 months before we moved her back to Victoria House. For her first 2 1/2 years, caregivers were very good, but was understaffed with no full-time nurse on premises, cooking/cooks inconsistent, either no activities director or minimum hours per week. Mom was happy because we managed to put together a group for cardplaying which she loved and the assistance she needed was minimal. After her 3 mos. in nursing home, we were going to move her to our home with hospice and private caregiving or back to Victoria House with private caregiving. Victoria House told us that they had increased their staff and had an on-site nurse 40 hrs per week as well as on call 24/7. After assessing Mom and reviewing her med chart, they assured us they'd be able to care for her without private caregiving. We moved Mom back and although she passed away shortly after, we've never regretted moving her back. She felt like she was home; was surrounded by people who loved her and they were diligent in their efforts to care for her and keep her comfortable. Their nurse was incredible, every step of the way and I would highly recommend Victoria House at this time. The reason for only giving them 3 stars is because I've had no experience with their activity level and director since their staff increase. Since Mom was bedridden, she was not in a position to take part. But for quality of care and a warm, homey atmosphere, they get top honors from us.

Services and Amenities of Victoria Place

About Victoria Place

Victoria Place is a senior living provider in Port Townsend, Washington that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Victoria Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Victoria Place