Garden Courte Memory Care Community

Reviews of Garden Courte Memory Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Garden Courte Memory Care Community

November 21, 2014

By Karen102060150

I was really impressed with Garden Courte. It was really nice, everyone was so friendly, and they showed us everything. They showed us the activity centers and what they do with the patients. They had puzzles for certain residents that can still do puzzles, and they had guests come in and entertain them. They had sessions where they could draw, depending on what stages they were in their Alzheimer's. The person who showed us around and told us all about it was just very pleasant. I think their rooms were all two bedrooms -- two people shared a room -- and they were all very clean. There was no odor, and it was just very nice. Their dining area was very, very clean and presentable, and the food menu looked very, very good. The grounds were very well-kept with flowers and shrubbery, and they had a nice little garden area where the patients can go out and sit at tables.

July 05, 2012

By Mona Verona

My husband and I have had quite the couple of years dealing with aging relatives having to be in nursing homes and retirement homes. I think we're getting to be pretty good at evaluating what a good one is from what a bad one is. My great-aunt Agnes is 95 and, until recently, very spry and aware for her age. She's no Betty White but she was able to care for herself and her small cottage which was on the same property as my brother's in Seattle. But, while he doesn't have a family of his own, he couldn't be at his house 24 hours a day to continuously keep an eye on Aunt Aggie. I live in Oregon and travelling up to Seattle wasn't something I got much of an opportunity to do. My brother started to notice about a year ago that Aunt Aggie would forget first small things and then eventually even who he was. Doctors diagnosed her with borderline Alzheimer's and we felt it was simply dangerous to allow her to live essentially by herself. My brother did some shopping around the Puget Sound area for a place she could live that had a focus on Alzheimer's patients and eventually found Garden Courte in Olympia. While it's a bit of drive from Seattle and Eugene where I live, it's fair to say it's more or less splitting the difference for us as far as travel distance goes. They are GREAT at Garden Courte! While it's VERY expensive (over $3K a month!), Aunt Aggie is really getting what we (and Social Security) are paying for. You name it and they have it there: a mini theatre, an exercise room (Aunt Aggie was always worried about her slim figure), all the usual housekeeping and food services, plus activities and socializing fun. The health care there is second to none (it better be for the money we're paying them!) and Aunt Aggie seems to enjoy it there. Her Alzheimer's is getting worse, unfortunately, but she has lots of reminders of her life around her such as family pictures and mementos in her little apartment. The building/grounds are very nice and the staff treat all their residents with respect and warmth. Frankly, I'D like to live there! It would be great if we could round up all the family members who currently live in assisted living facilities, plus the ones headed that way, and all move to Garden Courte!

July 27, 2011

By Susan726

Our beloved Mother was diagnosed with dementia in 2010 and has been a resident at Garden Courte for 7 months now. She is doing better than at previous settings. All staff are caring and attentive, from the Director to the Caregivers. The food is very good. Mom is always clean and well-cared for, including manicures and pedicures! The communication between staff and the family is timely and effedtive. We rest assured every day that Mom is right where she should be given her current situation.
See all Memory Care reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Garden Courte Memory Care Community

About Garden Courte Memory Care Community

Garden Courte Memory Care Community is a senior living provider in Olympia, Washington that offers residents Memory Care. Contact Garden Courte Memory Care Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Garden Courte Memory Care Community