Mallard Cove Senior Living

Reviews of Mallard Cove Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Mallard Cove Senior Living

August 08, 2016

By BOOPBOO

If I were you I would run, this place is awful . THE DEMENTIA UNIT HAS RESIDENTS THAT HAVE DECLINED SO MUCH, THEY CANT EVEN GET THE PROPER CARE. THEY SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN THE FACLITY. I WALKED IN AND MY MOTHER WAS SITTING NEXT TO A PILE OF PUKE IN THE ACTIVITES ROOM BECAUSE NO ONE WANTED TO CLEAN UP THE PILE. THE WHEEL CHAIR BOUND RESIDENTS WILL SIT IN THEIR CHAIRS ALL DAY UNLESS THE FAMILY REQUESTS OTHERWISE, THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

May 10, 2016

By Kathleen123889650

I’ve been to Mallard Cove for a visit and loved it. This is the place where we would love to put my father, so we are trying to convince my mother to go. The staff is great. The assisted living space is wonderful and makes you feel that you are at home and not in a hospital room. The dining room and common room is great. Their gym is nice. They have movies, take them out on outings, have mass, and do games and bingo. They also have happy hour at 4:00. I was very impressed with it. Overall, it’s a very nice place.

April 25, 2016

By Peggy113195950

My mother was in Mallard Cove. If you go there, you better be able to take care of yourself because they really don’t do that much for you. They would let my mother sit in her waste for half a day at a time. My best friend and I went over and started feeding my mother because they brought her food in and just set it down. She didn’t know what to do with it because she has Alzheimer’s. I think the facility was clean. The nurses were nice, but they just didn’t want to do anything. It was assisted living, and when my mom first went in there, she could take care of herself. They would get her out at 7, but they did not put a coat on her. She was always cold, and they took her outside; all she did was just sit outside. The meals were good, but no one was there to feed her. The price is very high for a self-pay.

June 15, 2015

The staff at Mallard Cove was very good, and the rooms were very nice. The food and the dining room setup are excellent. They have an activity director, and they have all kinds of activities going on all the time.

March 30, 2015

By Ray22

I have been at Mallard Cove a few times. First impressions were good. We have friends in there, and they enjoy the place. They have very nice apartments with balconies and patios. They have a lake in the center of it that’s very nice. They have very nice activities around the lake. It’s very clean -- well taken care of. They have game rooms and a bar. They have a place where they can have snacks around. They have a very nice dining room with very good food. The staff is very good; they’re calling me from time to time.

May 13, 2014

By Lovemynana

If you love your family member, do not move them here!! My grandmother was put in this place by her kids who live 5 hours away. I live about five minutes away and stop in to see her often. She is not taken care of. It takes at the very least 45 minutes for a nurse to respond to the emergency button being pushed. I tried it myself one afternoon and it took nearly 2 hours for someone to respond. My grandmother has early dementia and I feel the nurses figure that she can't remember when she pressed that button, so they don't hurry. She falls nearly every day and has major bruising all over her body. I am so disgusted with this place. If I had the authority, I would have moved her long ago.

November 27, 2013

We did visit Mallard Cove for my mother and we were able to put her in there. We love the place, it's wonderful. The apartments are nice and the dining room is really wonderful. The food is like eating in a restaurant. They have all kinds of activities. They have bingo, Yoga, bible study, and a church on Wednesday night. They also have movies. We are really impressed with the staff and the facility is great.

June 21, 2013

Mallard Cove Senior Living was reasonably close to us so we went to visit. They would be able to provide what my father needed like exercise, physical therapy, and memory care. They were also building a nursing home so when my dad would go from assisted living to nursing home, he would stay in the same facility. They had been good working with us and made sure that neither one of my parents had depleted their savings, and they also tried to help us with veterans aid for my father. We hoped they would be able to stay there.

May 12, 2013

By Jane21

We already placed a down payment at Mallard Cove apartment. It's expensive but they don't charge you extra for every assisted-living help that they give you. It's all included in your payment. The staff gave us dinner when they showed all around. They also gave us a lot of information. I would recommend this facility.

November 24, 2012

By Beth_D

My 84 year old mother enjoys living here. The facility is beautiful and the staff are friendly and attentive. A nurse brings mom her meds twice a day and mom enjoys chatting with them. I think she thinks of them like family. Mom is able to keep her cat there which is very important to her. On top of all this it is very affordable when compared to similar facilities in the greater Cincinnati region. I would definitely recommend this place. (Mom has early-mid stage Alzheimer's.)

Independent Living Reviews for Mallard Cove Senior Living

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 2008R

About Mallard Cove Senior Living

Mallard Cove Senior Living is a premier senior living facility, providing all the amenities and services that make life comfortable for seniors. The community offers a continuum of care to those in need of a more independent lifestyle, including assisted living and memory care. Residents enjoy three full meals daily and weekly housekeeping service, while also having access to occupational therapy, speech therapy, and physical therapy. The community also provides transportation for shopping trips or other outings. Pets under 25 pounds are welcome at Mallard Cove Senior Living.

The Life Enrichment Program at Mallard Cove is devoted to the needs of Residents and non-Residents alike in providing fun, healthy and enlightening activities to everyone at any level of ability. Exercise classes offered at Mallard Cove include yoga and Pilates, routines that can lead to better posture, increased flexibility and a general sense of well being. Each Resident at Mallard Cove is unique, and staff members will continue to create new opportunities and find the best fit in terms of staying physically healthy and active.

Map of Mallard Cove Senior Living