The Glen at Hiland Meadows
Offers Independent Living
Reviews of The Glen at Hiland Meadows
Independent Living Reviews for The Glen at Hiland Meadows
October 21, 2021
I visited this facility
August 09, 2021
I visited this facility
March 29, 2019
I visited this facility
December 13, 2017
I visited this facility
Dear LTR, thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Glen at Hiland Meadows- we appreciate your kind words about our Community and we are glad you enjoyed your visit! If you have any questions about the value of what The Glen at Hiland Meadows offers for the cost, we encourage you to come back in and sit down with our Senior Living Specialist. Many people are surprised when they compare their current living expenses to the cost of living at The Glen. The Glen is a not-for-profit community, unlike some others in our area. As a not-for-profit The Glen proudly reinvests earnings into our community providing our residents outstanding services, amenities and a quality of life that promotes independence and healthy living.
Questions about The Glen at Hiland Meadows
Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Glen at Hiland Meadows. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?
Average age fluctuates. We have some original residents from when we opened in 2001 and newer residents in their 70s. They are well served by a wide variety of activities and programming: something for everyone!
What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?
Glens Falls, Lake George and Saratoga Springs.
What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Glen at Hiland Meadows has organized?
We go to Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Wood Theater, Saratoga Polo, dinner at a different restaurant once a month, plus other events.
What transportation services does The Glen at Hiland Meadows offer to independent living residents?
Transportation is provided Monday thru Friday free of charge within a 10-mile radius for shopping, errands and other appointments, as well as special events as scheduled. Transportation will be provided free of charge within a 25-mile radius for medical appointments.
What makes the chef or dining program at The Glen at Hiland Meadows exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?
All food is prepared in house. Residents rave about the food.
What common areas are available for independent living residents?
We have several meeting and lounge areas as well as a private dining room for special functions. A library and computer lab, exercise room.
What safety features or security measures does The Glen at Hiland Meadows offer to independent living residents?
We have interior exterior security cameras, secured entrances and exits, 24-hour security & an emergency call system.
If The Glen at Hiland Meadows accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?
Cat and dogs are acceptable up to 60 pounds. Pets can enjoy all common indoor and outdoor areas except dining areas and must be leashed.
Does The Glen at Hiland Meadows work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?
We have licensed nursing staff & resident care assistants. We do not work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance.
Costs for The Glen at Hiland Meadows
Cost of Independent Living
Services and Amenities of The Glen at Hiland Meadows
- Entry Fee
- Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $166953
- Independent Living Starting At: $3057/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: No
- Detached Homes
- Resident Capacity: 92
- Respite Care
- Minimum Age: 60
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only
About The Glen at Hiland Meadows
Discover the beauty of peace of mind with the very best in Independent Living and Enhanced Assisted Living.
Sponsored by two of the region’s most trusted names in senior care and services — The Eddy and The Conkling Center.
Located on 45 spectacular acres in Queensbury, New York, The Glen at Hiland Meadows is minutes from the Adirondacks and offers breathtaking mountain views. Residents of the retirement community enjoy easy access to shopping, restaurants, community services, and the many cultural, educational, and sporting events available in the Glens Falls, Lake George, and Saratoga Springs areas of Upstate New York.
With 74 one- and two-bedroom apartments and 18 two-bedroom cottages, The Glen offers seniors an array of services and amenities that free you from the concerns of home maintenance. From delicious meals and stimulating social activities to housekeeping, maintenance, and snow removal, we take care of the responsibilities so you don’t have to.Services and amenities offered include:
- Concierge services, 24-hour security, and emergency call system
- All utilities included in both apartments and cottages
- Interior and exterior maintenance of residences, grounds, and parking areas – including trash and snow removal
- Housekeeping services plus semi-annual spring and fall cleaning
- Complimentary regularly scheduled transportation
- Digital cable, local and long-distance telephone, and wireless Internet
- Chef-prepared fine, casual, patio, and catered dining options
- Extensive calendar of social, cultural, spiritual, and educational events & activities
- Full-time Resident Service Advisor, your liaison for any outside services or resources that you may need
- Access to our Resident Portal for the latest community news, menus, and events
- Guest suites for overnight visitors
- Business center, art gallery, and woodworking shop
- On-site storage
- Various gathering & activities areas throughout
- Private meeting rooms
- Landscaped and manicured grounds featuring walking paths as well as vegetable and flower gardens
- Fireside lounge with private beverage lockers
- Library with extensive reading selection
- Religious Services
- Full-service Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Country Store with sundries and snacks
- Indoor and outdoor shuffleboard and pool table
- Robust selection of exercise classes
- Nutrition education classes
- Personal fitness counseling and training sessions
- Fitness programs focused on balance/agility, strength, flexibility, and cardio endurance
- Wellness Center with fitness equipment to accommodate various skill sets and strength levels
Our Resident Service Advisor Program (RSAP) is included in your monthly service fee. Our trained Resident Advisor serves as a liaison between you and any outside services or resources that you may need. The Resident Service Advisor Program is provided through a contractual arrangement with Eddy Visiting Nurse Association, a division of St. Peter’s Health Partners.
The Glen offers a wide variety of senior living residences featuring spacious one and two-bedroom apartment floor plans, and two-bedroom cottage homes.
What Makes Us Special
If there comes a time when a little assistance with everyday activities is needed, The Terrace at The Glen, an Enhanced Assisted Living residence, provides assistance with personal care, medication management, and maintaining a healthy diet with the same unparalleled services offered by The Glen.At The Glen at Hiland Meadows, all of our residences are maintenance-free and offer panoramic views of the Adirondack Mountains and access to a wide variety of life-enriching activities and amenities within the community. You’ll have easy access to everything you need to enjoy an active, engaged retirement right outside your door! With maintenance-free living at our Queensbury senior community, you can trade-in your mower and snow shovel for a life of greater fulfillment, convenience, and independence. From stunning residences to impressive amenities, you’ll see life more beautifully at The Glen.Get Costs