Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

September 21, 2018

By dvalens

Its like walking into Home! The atmosphere is inviting and comforting. The staff are super friendly and treat you like family! Memory Care residents and staff dance everyday, so lots of fun and therapeutic activities! This facility is definitely a must see, so secluded and quiet.

Hello! Thank you very much for your detailed positive review. We are very pleased to see this! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

August 17, 2018

By Angela Mason

I was relocating my mother from Illinois, and had a very tight time frame in which to make this happen. Marta, marketing director, was so supportive and available with all the twists & turns that arise during this process. Most of all, she was concerned about my family’s welfare during this changing time. I always felt my concerns were heard and considered to ensure a peaceful transition for my mother and myself. Once she was at Pacifica, everyone was so helpful and welcoming—I feel so grateful & at ease that we have found a great home/communityfor my mother that we can feel proud of.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

January 05, 2018

By C Seymour

Our mother entered Pacifica three months after her 100th birthday when hospice could no longer care for her adequately at home. We could not have been happier with the compassionate and conscientious staff. Their quality of care was outstanding, and the family will be grateful forever that we chose this facility for our mother to spend her months. She was kept clean and comfortable, well nourished and tended for a very reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

Thank you C Seymour, we appreciate you sharing your experience. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again, we are very thankful you shared your experience.

October 17, 2017

By Bill

I liked Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. I had a good lunch there. They provided three meals. The staff was excellent, friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The room was fine; there's nothing wrong with it. It's actually bigger than what I like.

Hi Bill, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

May 02, 2017

By Monica Alderette

I was very impressed from the moment I walked in for a visit. The staff is very kind and helpful and seem to sincerely care about the residents and their well-being. I think my mom will do fine here once she gets acclimated.

Hi Monica, thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive 4 star review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe! We will make sure that your mother gets acclimated smoothly and that she is enjoying herself in no time. We are here for you and your family and want you to know that you can reach out at any time. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to do it!

June 16, 2016

By Casey056672

Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe seemed nice. It was the most affordable and most economical for my relative. During the visit, the staff was very courteous. She’s getting the two-bedroom apartment with one bathroom, and it’s fine. The room is not spacious; it’s a clean slate, and you make it what it is.

Thanks for the feedback, Casey. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe.

May 10, 2016

By SusanUJQVR

Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe was good. Everything seemed to be pretty nice. However, they did not have any apartments with a kitchenette and that's something that my mom really wanted. The staff was great and kept following up. The way the rooms were set up seemed very nice. I would not have any problem seeing my folks there; they just were not quite ready for that. They showed me everything that they had, and it seemed nice.

Hi Susan, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience. We strive to provide excellent service and quality care to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. We are sorry to hear that we could not accommodate your mothers needs for a kitchenette. We hope that when the time comes to make a decision, that you choose us! We thank you for your consideration.

May 10, 2016

By ArtSTHOO

Pacifica, I would say, was very institutional. It seemed fairly clean, but it did not have a good reputation. It wasn’t that bad. It would have been my third choice. They had quite a number of rooms that were shared suites, which I didn’t think was suitable for my parents. Their dining room looked fine. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it was not the best. They had a media room, a library, and exercise activities. If I were them, I would paint the facility a brighter color because it looked quite institutional.

Hi Art, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and point of view. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth in our community. Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. We have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We would like to invite you back for another tour and see if we can tailor a situation that meets you and your families needs. Please feel free to reach out to our Regional Director at any time to schedule the tour~Cell 619.541.3182

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population is primarily both male and female equally. The average age is 78. Some of the residents favorite things to do are engaging in Arts & Crafts, Community Outings, Holiday events, Bingo and card games, music therapy and pet therapy.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Outdoor activities, Pet Therapy, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Specialized Memory Care activities, and morning exercises.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Plaza of Santa Fe, Cochiti Lake for picnics, and shopping centers.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe offer to assisted living residents?

We have a handicap accessible bus to transport residents to and from medical appointments, shopping, and scheduled outings, and all scheduled activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have restaurant style dining with alternative menu choices. Self-serve beverage and snack bar available 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe offer to assisted living residents?

We have a Resident Care Director available 24/7. We have a weekend nurse. Continuous education training for caregivers and medication technicians.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

All forms of communication utilized and tailored to families request. Care conferences tailored to resident and family needs.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our assisted living has 1 caregiver to 15 residents during the day however, there are many other staff available during the daytime and evening hours for a ratio of 1 to 4. Evening has caregivers and medication managers with a ratio of 1 to 20 overnight.

If Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Outdoor Gazebo area located with beautiful mountain views, walking trails and nature trails available, 1 block away from the Santa Fe Rail-runner station.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

IPEC, Personalized group and individual care training based on needs and desires for professional growth, outside agency training including Fall Prevention, Body Mechanics, End-of-Life Care, Universal Precautions., Alzheimer & Dementia training,

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a registered nurse, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a registered nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe provide to protect residents who wander?

We provide Resident Safety Pendants, Door/Window Alarms in Memory Care, 2 Hour AL checks 24/7, Coded Secured Memory Care Unit with frequent checks and supervision, Personalized escorting as needed.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and our Memory Care Program Director. Group activities include Daily morning exercise and dance, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. We are especially fond of our Namaste programming for a more one-to-one approach with those that are in later stages of dementia. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe is nestled amongst the serene foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Santa Fe is an historical city which draws its magic from a mild continental climate, along with four distinct seasons throughout the year. Highway close to the I-25 off of the St. Francis exit

Is Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all nearby Hospitals in Santa Fe and in Albuquerque, namely Christus St. Vincent and Presbyterian hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe

Pacifica Santa Fe is an intimate two-story community where our residents of assisted living benefit from comforts of living in spacious apartment homes and enjoy all of the wonderful services and amenities the community has to offer. To accommodate residents diagnosed with advanced dementia and/or Alzheimer's disease, we have a separate, secure Legacies Memory Care community.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Santa Fe