Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center

Reviews of Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center

May 07, 2015

By Linda Harvey

The staff are not helpful allowing me to talk with my Mother, they give all of her friends and me the 'run around' when we either call the main phone number or my mother's personal phone. Mom had two strokes so she cannot move to answer the phone independently and her personal phone is typically out of her reach or 'unplugged.' This is the poorest excuse for 'continuity of care' that I have ever seen. Further, Mom's wedding rings were removed from her finger by staff and placed in a bag and somehow 'put through a shredder.' Either way, she was not there a month and her wedding rings of 63 years are now gone. Holt Senior Care & Rehab is anything but, it is very dismal.

August 03, 2013

By sasha anne

My mom was at this facility. I loved her room. It was homey, spacious & lots of privacy. Some of the aids were outstanding; but one or 2 were deplorable. My mom, at the time had very serious health issuies, cardiac problems, an unusable left arm due to a doctor, diabetes, asthma. One night, New Year's eve actually, I told mom I would stay till a bit after midnight so we could usher the new year together. Mom was acting not good at all that evening & I was actually afraid if I left her something bad might happen health wise. This bossy, cocky aid kept telling me around 10pm I had to go. I expressed my concerns about my mom. I was told I could stay another ?20min or so & if I did not leave then, she would call the police. I did not leave as I was worried abt my mom. Sure enough she called the police & they came & made me leave. How horrible! Though most places have general visiting hours; this is the only place ( & since then mom has been in a few other places, due to doing 2 hospital & bk to rehab place a couple of times) that has ever given me any problem or any other visitor with other patients any hassle about staying late. The next day I arrived early in the morning & mom was not much better. A nurse came in & was ckg her wound/incision & said it looked infected. They had mom taken to the hospital where she was for several days, and ended up having surgery again on this pacemaker incision/wound. They said she had infection in her system & it was making her very groggy. Also when my mom needed breathing treatments for her asthma, several different aids and a couple of nurses reacted very slowly & uncaringly tho my mom was having lots of trouble breathing. The physical therapy people seemed nice & Dennis especially was very kind to my mother.

August 01, 2013

By shehawk

Staff are very nice and they do their best with what they have. This is an older facility and it needs a major make-over. The patient rooms are small and they aren't private. It feels very cramped and dark. On the plus side though, they have a beautiful bird aviary in the lobby that is fun to watch.

March 13, 2012

By jthomas106

i thought it was surprisingly comfortable for a hospital type setting. the stafff, for the most part was warm and helpful. my mother, who was the resident, had no complaints and all her problems were handled in a timely fashion.

About Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center

Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Holt, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Holt Senior Care & Rehab Center