Brookdale Grand Blanc Holly, MI

Brookdale Grand Blanc (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Grand Blanc

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Grand Blanc

February 28, 2014

I had my dad at Clare Bridge of Grand Blanc. It's a memory care facility so it’s a locked unit and it’s the right fit for my dad because he has memory problems. The staff are very compassionate and they understand the residents. They kind of develop some type of a relationship with all of the elderly people and they know how to handle them. They do have enough activities so my dad does not sit in his room all the time. He doesn’t have a television in his room and that is good for him. I am very happy that my dad is there.

November 28, 2013

By Sally19

Mom is in Clare Bridge. It is really nice. It has a more personable approach. It is like walking up in a little village. There are three different areas inside and there is central area. The individual rooms are very nice. What really impresses me is that they have a snack area that is open twenty-four hours a day and it is free with their board. So, when they get hungry during the night or in between meals, they can go in and have a snack. They have activities scheduled 24/7. If they want to take yoga class at 2:30 in the morning, they can.

September 28, 2013

By Rey19

I was very impressed with Clare Bridge. I think watching some of the people who were in there enjoying themselves as best they can under that environment were probably due to the caring of the staff. The only thing is that the cost per month would take everything that I have.

July 29, 2013

By Hsp1411

I am more disgusted with them every time I go to visit my grandma. Her faucet had been leaking and soap dispenser had been broke for months. Every time we complain they say they are replacing all of them and still nothing has been done. Her room is disgusting. Seems the carpet is never vacuumed and toilet is never cleaned! No matter how much we complaint to them nothing seems to happen! I will be contacting corporate tomorrow! With the amount we pay every month there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for this!!!

June 18, 2012

By redwing810

THESE PEOPLE DON T CARE ABOUT THE PATIENTS THERE JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY. MY DAD FELL TWO TIME WHILE LIVING THERE BROKE HIS SHOULDER THE FIRST TIME AND HIS HIP THE SECOND TIME. THEN THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EVERYTHING MY DADS BILL WAS OVER 10,000 A MONTH. I WOULDN'T TAKE MY DOG THERE.

June 02, 2012

By Seashells1

This is also a Dementia facility situated in a very nice property. It's very serene, has a pretty porch that leads you to the outside and a patio where residents could sit down. The rooms occupy a single bed with a bathroom. But, they have other rooms where it was set up for residents to gather together. Other rooms were for watching TV, for crafts and other activities. The staff seemed really nice. I didn't observe any entertainment but I think they have a couple of things for their residents usually done after dinner. I think my father will like this place. My only complaint about this facility and also the reason why I didn't choose this is the location. It's a little too remote; it's not in town so no shopping malls or other establishments nearby. Other than that, everything is nice in here.

June 12, 2011

By R0ckZel

Friend or relative of resident

Clare Bridge of Grand Blanc is a wonderful facility for seniors and dementia care residents. My grandpa became a resident here 2 years ago. It's located in Holly and right at the border of Grand Blanc, which is convenient because I am from Fenton, so I can easily come visit him every weekend. This facility has a large lobby with lots of friendly people. I feel safe having my grandpa as a resident, I can trust them because they have the tools and training needed. I haven't had a problem with these yet, and my grandpa has no complaints, but only good reviews.
See all Memory Care reviews (15) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Grand Blanc

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All associates are required to complete monthly in person and online training to remain active on our schedule

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We staff above safety standards and based on the care needs, acuity of our residents

What programs or activities does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer a person centered approach through creation of a profile on our in touch as well as gathering information from our life history form. We use this to also create their daily path. From cluster programming to one on one sensory activity, we ensure that each resident is met at their need for each part of the day

Completed by our health and wellness director. prior to move in, 30 days after move in, every 60 days, after any hospitalization or change in condition and as needed

What techniques does Brookdale Grand Blanc use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

we offer scented towels to encourage appetite, we offer dining assistance as needed, pureed foods, our tablecloths and napkins are colored so that residents are able to distinguish them from their plates, meals are selected to encourage variety and appetite

How does Brookdale Grand Blanc keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Monthly family call program, any incident or change in condition is reported immediately, any change In care needs etc is communicated directly from care supervisor or health and wellness director

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Grand Blanc. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The community is set in residential community however a short drive to business district, Genesys Hospital, and interstate 75

Is Brookdale Grand Blanc affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

no direct affiliation however we will accommodate resident and family preference

Photos of Brookdale Grand Blanc

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Grand Blanc

• Features Extra: Library

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

• State Licenses: AH250236933

About Brookdale Grand Blanc

At Brookdale Grand Blanc we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Grand Blanc are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Clare Bridge Grand Blanc is dedicated to serving the special care needs of individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. From our building design to our carefully selected staff and specialized programming and management, we focus on the individual needs of each resident and family we serve.

Map of Brookdale Grand Blanc