Montgomery Village Health Care Center

Reviews of Montgomery Village Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Montgomery Village Health Care Center

January 31, 2015

By ATHJD07

I was a short term stay patient in May (cardio rehab) and December (knee replacement) of 2014. The nursing care was for the most part very good, although like any hospital you have to observe their styles and learn how best to communicate with each of your nurses. The facility itself is wonderful. The food was not what I would choose for my health, but each room has its own small fridge/freezer. The PT was extraordinary, both for my cardiovascular recovery and my knee replacement. And Dr. Casey knew exactly what do when post op swelling put me at risk of infection - and worse. I would definitely return if I ever need rehab care again.

April 16, 2013

By caring0328113

My mother was in Montgomery Village Health Care Center before, and I wasn't happy with them at all. She was there only temporarily for several months because she had broken her ankle and I couldn't take care of her because I couldn't lift her or anything, but I visited her quite often. It's disgusting what's going on in there. Unfortunately, when I go there to visit my mother, she'd be sitting on a wet diaper. I often saw all their nurses just milling about their station, and they'd change her only when I went to them and complained. The only thing that I liked was their physical therapist because she was very good and a real gem.They told me that it was because of her Alzheimer's that she'd fall asleep in the middle of her physical therapy. But then, I found her list of medication when I brought her home and it was overwhelming. It took me a few weeks to get her off of half the stuff they had her on, and by the time I did, she was her old self again. To me, you put your dad or mom in a nursing home and only when you take them home that you'd realize the damage that's really been going on in these places. It's like they're trying to kill them or keep them quiet. They also had her on two kinds of nausea pills. The doctor who came here was horrified because he did not understand why they had to give her two different kinds of these pills everyday and he said that one of the pills had quite a few side effects.They also failed to tell me that my mom was qualified for some program. This was a program that would basically pay for a lot of her needs because she had a very low income. I'm very disappointed with the care and the information they provided. The food was horrible too. One other thing that I was very angry about was when they accidentally threw out my mother's dentures that she put on the tray because she has this habit of taking them out every time she eats. Being in a nursing home, you'd expect the staff to be very vigilant about things like these. Maybe these people are underpaid and overworked. And while their intentions may have been good at the start, they simply ended up not caring anymore because they have become immune to what's going on around them. They did buy and pay for her new set of dentures though.

September 02, 2011

By tallblonde01

Majority of staff were very caring, kind and quite competent. Room was large and nice but carpets inside room were filthy. Thank goodness there was a private fridge since I would rate the food with only one star!(Utensils were always dirty) Kitchen was repeatedly told of food dislikes but I continued to receive them day after day anyway. Physical & Occupational therapists were excellent! Their concern was geniune and they always listened to my complaints and worked with me. Had trouble with my phone the entire time but other room concerns were addressed immediately. Wi-Fi! Resident doctor went on vacation the week of my discharge and I did not receive all of the prescriptions that I was supposed to receive. Instructions for home self-care were last minute but thorough.

Services and Amenities of Montgomery Village Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Montgomery Village Health Care Center

Montgomery Village Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Montgomery Village, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Montgomery Village Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Montgomery Village Health Care Center