St James Place

St James Place (844) 334-3818

Reviews of St James Place

Assisted Living Reviews for St James Place

February 24, 2014

I went to St James Place for a seminar and so I was able to visit the facility. They did show us around to the different rooms there. The bedrooms looked like they were of a pretty good size room. I just met the administrative people that showed us around and they were nice.

October 26, 2012

By David5

St. James Place fulfills all the needs of my mother. The care, from skilled nursing, to assisted living, all the amenities are all in one complex. Everything's been fine and they're taking care of her needs, the therapy for rehab as well as doctors on staff. It all worked out well. The rooms were fine. They provide all your needs, but you can bring your personal belongings there.

July 11, 2012

By Nfasano15

St. James place is a great place for the elderly to retire. Its located in a a great part of Baton Rouge where there is no crime problem and the grounds are beautiful. The staff at St. James Place are extremely nice and very welcoming. They always ask how the residents are doing and just make sure that everything is running smoothly. The elderly love taking walks around the property because the grounds are kept in such good shape. The kitchen does and great job of preparing good southern food and the dining atmosphere is like a nice restaurant. Overall its just a great place for any elderly person to be.

April 10, 2012

By JNVogt

My grandfather spent the last two years of his life at this facility. He was a spunky old man and while at first he strongly felt the loss of independence he grew to enjoy his time here.The building and entryway, as well as the inside of the facility, were very nice and calming. It felt very open and well lit. The large foyer seemed more like a hotel to me than a hospital and my grandfather enjoyed that.The staff was probably the best I have seen at any assisted living facility. I think it was the relationships which my grandfather built with the staff that made his acclimation easiest. He kept a pocket book with their names written in it to help him remember, and when he would write me he would always tell me stories of what they had done with him. Because he was so incredibly socially minded, I think that had the staff not been helpful and kind, he would not have adjusted well to the setting. I remain grateful to them for the help they provided.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for St James Place

January 29, 2014

By 5rouf

I am in independent living, not life care. I have been happy with St. James. I have a comfortable apartment, some cleaning and laundry services, no charge for electricity, no yard upkeep, no homeowners insurance, plenty of social activities, transportation to doctor's visits and grocery stores if I need it, and many opportunities to mix with other active seniors. Food is not gourmet, but it's ok.. Nothing is perfect but I like it here,

December 11, 2013

By such a waste of money

Wish someone would have warned me about this place before my precious parents got suckered in by the look of this place. The nursing care is horrible!! The staff is rude and management is confused and does not know how to care for the elderly. My mom was full of bedsores before her death and my dad couldnt get help and would wait an hr before someone answered a call light. The food is horrible and no one knows anything about the patients but a lot about the gossip. Nurses and aides disappear so no help can be found. Really disappointing that my parents chose to spend the last days of thier lives there where they were promised a great life and was tortured basically.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

About St James Place

St James Place is a senior living provider in Baton Rouge, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact St James Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of St James Place