Brookdale Liberal Springs

Reviews of Brookdale Liberal Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Liberal Springs

August 29, 2016

By Randall101530

My mom is at Brookdale Liberal Springs right now. I really love it. It's very nice, and the people are very nice. Every time my mom pushes a button, the staff comes in and tries to help her with whatever she needs. There are all kinds of things going on over there. It's a very nice place. The administrator and the nurses are very nice people. The administrator calls me about once a week to keep me updated. That's a relief because I'm way off down here in Florida, and Mom's there in Kansas. They have bingo, and they were having some kind of a party there yesterday. They have sing-alongs with someone playing the organ.

September 07, 2015

My parents used to be at Liberal Springs. The staff was nice. The apartments were a little bit bigger. It was a bigger facility. They had a larger dining area in its own community. They had a nursing staff. They were good. However, my mom's Alzheimer's was progressing very quickly, and they just felt that they could keep her safe there because it was not a lock down facility if she started wandering. The facility itself was nice. They had more activities. They would take the residents out to the community if they wished. They would take them to the park or to dinner. We were pleased with the facility. It just got to where mom was wander out, and it wasn't safe. They were prepared to help elderly people, but they were not prepared to deal with dementia.

August 27, 2013

By caring74528450

When I fell and hurt myself I was here in Emeritus at Liberal Springs. I was in a wheelchair and I was not able to get in or out of the bed, and for awhile they brought my meals back to my room for me. I was out of commission at that time but the staff was nice to me.

Questions about Brookdale Liberal Springs

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Liberal Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average of our residents is 85. Some favorite things to do include devotions, playing bingo, craft projects, puzzles/card games, and sitting on the patio.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Liberal Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a daily fitness class (drum fit on Wednesdays), devotions, circle of friends (time to chat and enjoy a snack with other residents). We also have a large fenced in backyard with a paved walking path for walks.

What places are near Brookdale Liberal Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Liberal is not a large town so most things are just a short drive away including restaurants, shopping, and physicians,

What transportation services does Brookdale Liberal Springs offer to assisted living residents?

We offer free bus transports to all medical appointments. We can accommodate other local transportation as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Liberal Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have different options at every meal so residents will always be sure to love their meal. We can also customize a meal plan to meet special dietary requirements.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Liberal Springs offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 24 hour staffing seven days a week that are fully trained in all medical and clinical aspects. We also offer monthly learning programs for staff members that keep them learning and growing with the needs of our residents. We also offer therapy and programs specific to different needs based on the residents physical and mental abilities that help them to live the most optimum and healthy life for as long as possible.

How does Brookdale Liberal Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We pride ourselves in being in direct contact with all our resident’s families. We communicate through text, calls, and emails. We also keep our social media up to date with all our current activities and events so family members can see what their loved ones are participating in.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Liberal Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff to acuity instead of number of residents to ensure we always have the appropriate number of associates to safely care for each of our resident’s needs.

If Brookdale Liberal Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are very pet friendly and happily allow dogs and cats. We provide a large fenced back yard for them to safely play and meet up with their other furry friends.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our associates participate in monthly Learning Modules that are specific to the needs of our community and level of care that our residents need. We also have a monthly in-service meeting that allows for staff to get educational opportunities as requested upon by administration.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Liberal Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

We are a fully secured community. All of our doors can only be accessible with a code that is private and secure to associates only. Residents may leave and return to the community as they choose but must be signed out and back in with a loved one or friend.

Photos of Brookdale Liberal Springs

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Liberal Springs

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Liberal Springs

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Liberal Springs